Download MetaTrader 5

Expert - page 2

To add comments, please log in or register
Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Expert

Francis, 2017.06.08 18:55

With these ea systems, would be able to make adjustments to the code or are they fixed?

About the settings? Yes you can adjust the settings -  as I see - there are some parameters incl timefilter for example.

If you are talking about future possible improvements of this (or any) EA so I am not a coder (not for free; not for money).
You should go to Freelance service to find the coder (for any improvements or to create new EA) 

rod777
rod777  
Francis:
Could anybody build me an expert advisor to make trades for me using supply and demand custom indicator?
Try this one I made
Files:
Francis
Francis  
rod777:
check this one
What exactly does this ea do? Could you break it down for me please.
rod777
rod777  
Francis:
What exactly does this ea do? Could you break it down for me please.

The close price of the current candle is compared with the previous candle in TimeFrame M30 to detect the trend. The ATR value in TimeFrame M1 indicates if the volatility is enough to open  trades.

rod777
rod777  

https://youtu.be/xcz3mmICltw

ATRCandle_RT_ticks EA - GBPUSD one month backtest
ATRCandle_RT_ticks EA - GBPUSD one month backtest
  • www.youtube.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCda6m94U0Ab1GhgCrXEZrkg ATRCandle_RT_ticks EA - GBPUSD one month backtest
Victor Ziborov
Victor Ziborov  

I think that a good expert should be the next features: high Growth(>14% per month), low Maximum drawdown(<30%), big quantity of Profit Trades, small quantity of Loss Trades, big Average Profit, small Average Loss and Sharpe Ratio > 0.2.

Rob Cain
Rob Cain  

A good expert, when you say good, it could be a mixture, experts can be constructed to do many things,order placing/closing, trade management, but a trading  expert, has got to be profitable, a must, but at what cost.

Reliability/stability in any expert has to be maintained, if it's going do your job for you it must be reliable, the whole idea behind an expert is, no need to be involved, maybe maintenance but in general, it's going to do the task for you.

If your looking for a good trading expert, then it has to fit your needs, a system that makes a million, may have multiple trades open, can your account afford this, trades maybe open for days but the rewards great, do you want to be holding the risk this long, or small profit, quick in and out trades, won't make you a million but may sustain some longevity.

If the question you ask is a general opinion then profit will be top of the list, if it's inline with a possible purchase or use, then maybe we can drill down a little to requirements and what's best suited to account/growth etc..

Just my opinion, no advice intended, Rob

alvink
alvink  

Good EA should be one that aligns with your plans. There are many out there, each one is doing something in a different way. Some will place many trades, some will be selective. Some will consider these indicators, some will not.

I guess it is better to learn how to trade manually before using EA. After you create your own strategy or follow someone's strategy that you have tested and proven that it works, then you can find EA that follows that idea. For example, I follow two friends, 1 will place at least 10 trades every day, Monday to Friday, another will place by maximum 7 trades per week. Both a profitable in the long run, but the level of risk is different, one can be blown on 2 days but if it makes money it will make a lot, another could miss a lot of good trades but still make a little profit. 

So, I think it is better to find manually what works first, then you can even pay someone to create an EA for you, test it and improve it as you are pleased, or of course, buy an EA that you see works.

NB: NO EA SELLER WILL TELL YOU THEIR EA IS NOT PROFITABLE, NOR WILL PUBLISH UNPROFITABLE STATEMENTS. Be careful out there, reviews might help, but yet they may be paid positive reviews or from employees. Or hater's/competitors negative reviews.

I hope I am not too late, Best of luck.

Mousa Bagherpour Jahromi
Mousa Bagherpour Jahromi  

hello 

I think this link is very usefull : https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/testing_report

in this link some features of expert explained very good .
after that your learn you can recognize which expert is good and which one isn't

some skilled featuures does't explaind in this link and if you need them you should tell the programmer to calculate them ontester like https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/403 
and show the result for you . 

Testing Report - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
Testing Report - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
You can view a detailed report on the "Results" tab. The following parameters are available in the testing report: History Quality — this...
ruki
ruki  

(ASK) i just move from mt4 to mt5 but i have some issues with that,how to delete expert advisor running on my mt5? coz it often open some positions without my authorize and i dont install any EA on my mt5? i have deleted some EA in experts folder and script folder in MQL5 but still didn't work!,did my broker try to scams me by bundling this EA in their mt5 platform? thanks a lot for the answers guys

To add comments, please log in or register