$1000/ Day in Forex. How Possible? - page 2

To add comments, please log in or register
dazfletch
dazfletch  

Its nice to see one or two have tried to bring the topic back to basics slightly as the person who started the thread and many others who have posted dont think the correct way. Its not about how much you make or how much can be made. Its true 1k a month is achievable but HOW is what should be asked. If I had a bank of $100k and placed a trade that went up into profit by 5 points i would win 1k in one trade and then stop for the day with job achieved and that is with excellent money management of no more than 2% of bank on a trade 10 point stop loss and take profit at 5 points. So the original question is itself not the correct question to ask. People especially newbies get hung up on ££££ or $$$$. Stop thinking that way. Think points, drawdown and %age wins. Think money management and then the money will look after itself. If you had a system that took 20 points a day every day with a small draw down then you will be a millionaire starting from $100 within 18 months. Start looking at trading in this way and you will see this wonderful pastime/job/treasure seeking that we do in a totally different way and is the start of the path to success. Points make prizes never I repeat never talk in money terms when talking about trading. POINTS POINTS POINTS

hazelj80
hazelj80  

i don't even care about win percentages. i don't think they matter that much to an extent.

The only thing i care about is my profit factor and the max draw down percentages. i will agree though that money management is part of it.

mtuppers
mtuppers  
Jack Francisco:
my friend is a forex trader and told me this- it is possible if Win 10 pips from a trade with 100 lots.Win 50 pips daily with 20 lots.Win 100 pips daily with 10 lots.Win 500 pips daily with 2 lotsi think that Winning 10, 50 and 100 is very possible but winning 500 pips is a bit unrealistic

note 1 stander lot is $1000 if with leaverage 1:100 need 100 pips

as your statement should be micro lot that need 1000 pips.

thisisnomyshoe
thisisnomyshoe  

I was interested to find this topic now, years later, and i just started last week with $100 usd and i barely made $514 usd in a week, friend told me it's not-normal to have such income in a week only. So far i made 200 trades  in this week only, seeing how market flows i can say that it is possible to make 1000$ a day in profits , mostly on GOLD, its still a guess due to my low budget i have, but i think if you CAN have 1000$ per day, investing 1.0 in gold per trade, just then you could be able to make such money in the day, but also you can loose chunks of $ in those trades if you dont have a strong strategy!!

Any news from you guys these days?, how is it going for you now ?, cheers.
ForexOnlineTrading
ForexOnlineTrading  
thisisnomyshoe:

I was interested to find this topic now, years later, and i just started last week with $100 usd and i barely made $514 usd in a week, friend told me it's not-normal to have such income in a week only. So far i made 200 trades  in this week only, seeing how market flows i can say that it is possible to make 1000$ a day in profits , mostly on GOLD, its still a guess due to my low budget i have, but i think if you CAN have 1000$ per day, investing 1.0 in gold per trade, just then you could be able to make such money in the day, but also you can loose chunks of $ in those trades if you dont have a strong strategy!!

1000 dollar per day is not the problem, you must look to this think other way, you must calculate in percents, lets say you have a 100k account and you risk 1% per trade, then you have already 1 k win or loose per trade and one trade per day is not so difficult.

you can also play more safe and use only 0.5 % risk per trade if you make then 2 win trade per day then you have again 1000 Dollar.

or if you only risk 0.5 % per trade and you make a nice trend tarde with 2-3% win that is also good and more then 1000 dollar win.

i would recommend you to calculate your tardes in percent risk, also if you did have had already some luck in the last weeks, its better to lower the risk.

mq2u
mq2u  

I don't understand how you can even ask such a question. We're talking about return of investment here.  Not rolling the dice.

Ask yourself:  Why do there seem to be no older short term traders? 

All the gurus on YouTube are young!  Are there any over 40?  Anybody with some real experience?  (A few years doing something doesn't amount to much.  Ask an employer.)

Could it be that the typical scenario (trading high risk on margin with higher commission costs because of small amounts of capital) only works on a rising market?  And as soon as the market turns against them (could take months) they're wiped out.  The problem with losses is they can immediately interrupt your trading.  Have you considered how long it takes to recover from a 50% loss (which many short term traders experience)?  Most never recover.  In this dangerous scenario you have inexperience combined with high risk.  Sounds like a recipe for calamity. 

Say you have $100,000 which almost no short term traders have because they've already lost it.  But say you win a lottery.  Its probably the only way a short term trader will ever have $100,000!  Anyway, you lose 50% so you now have $50,000.  Maybe you are lucky enough to make 20% a year.  Most people never do that consistently of course.  Let's run some numbers.  You'd think at 20% return you'd be back in the money pretty fast.   It would take 5 years making a return that almost nobody makes.  That is why high risk trading is a road to ruin.  Preservation of capital is paramount.  J Paul Getty famously said, I'm more concerned with the return OF my money than than the return ON my money.

Year 1  $100,000  >  $50,000

Year 2    $50,000  >  $60,000

Year 3    $60,000  >  $72,000

Year 4   $72,000  >  $86,400

Year 5   $86,400  > $103,680

mq2u
mq2u  
thisisnomyshoe:

You do realize at that rate of return you will be the richest person in the world very soon.  Well done!  Now brush up on your math and check back into reality.  You've had some lucky returns, probably because the market moved with you.  Let's see how it goes long term.  After a year let's see how much you have.  At least this way the worst that can happen is you're down $100!
mq2u
mq2u  
Why is it that almost no one in this forum can write English without a lot of errors?  Are almost none of you native English speakers?  (Not knocking it - just curious.)  I do wonder if non-native English speakers can spot scams as easily though and there are a lot on this website.  Or are most of you math whizzes that weren't into English in school?  Its soft of like reading writing done my elementary school students.  No offense for foreign language people as I only speak one language and greatly admire multi-lingual people. 
Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  

Many of us are coders.

I do not mind making spelling mistakes here.

But if i miss one bracket or semicolon in my code then the whole things stops working.

That is where my focus is.

I can make a lot of spelling mistakes here and most people will still understand what i mean.

That is a significant difference compared to coding.

zamans98
zamans98  
mq2u:
Why is it that almost no one in this forum can write English without a lot of errors?  Are almost none of you native English speakers?  (Not knocking it - just curious.)  I do wonder if non-native English speakers can spot scams as easily though and there are a lot on this website.  Or are most of you math whizzes that weren't into English in school?  Its soft of like reading writing done my elementary school students.  No offense for foreign language people as I only speak one language and greatly admire multi-lingual people. 
No grammar Nazi here, please. Its absolutely wrong to assumed that all will write perfect English.
Its not a de-facto language to begins with.

And what's about "SCAM" and spotting it in this thread you are talking about? Don't generalize the whole community based on one or two incidents.

Now, back to reality, will you?
To add comments, please log in or register