How to choose the best VPS for Forex trading

Hello fxfisherman members hope you're all doing great, I just want to share with you guys this interesting article about "how to chose the best VPS". Hope it helps!

How to choose the best VPS for Forex trading

Most serious forex traders use a virtual server for their expert advisors, but not all VPS server are equal in performance.

There are about 4 popular VPS technologies:

• Virtuozzo: Virtuozzo is a proprietary operating system-level virtualization product produced by Parallels, Inc. Both windows and Linux. Parallels Virtuozzo Containers creates multiple isolated containers (also known as Virtual Environments (VEs), or Virtual Private Servers (VPSs)) on a single physical server. Parallels Virtuozzo Containers virtualizes at the operating system level, rather than the hardware level as other Virtual Machine (VM) products frequently do. This allows the sharing of hardware, systems management effort, and sometimes software licenses among different workloads. A container behaves in aspects as if it was a stand-alone server. But this is not the optimal vitalization technology for forex trading because the VPS vendor can over sell the machines and give you less optimal performance.

• OpenVZ: OpenVZ is container-based virtualization for Linux. OpenVZ creates multiple secure, isolated containers (also known as VEs or VPSs) on a single physical server enabling better server utilization and ensuring that applications do not conflict. Each container performs and executes exactly like a stand-alone server; a container can be rebooted independently and have root access, users, IP addresses, memory, processes, files, applications, system libraries and configuration files. This technology is better suited for forex trading.

• Xen: Xen is a free software virtual machine for IA-32, x86-64, IA-64 and PowerPC 970 architectures. On most CPUs, Xen uses a form of virtualization known as paravirtualization, meaning that the guest operating system must be modified to use a special hypercall ABI instead of certain architectural features. Intel has contributed modifications to Xen to support their VT-x (formerly Vanderpool) architecture extensions. Similarly AMD has contributed support for their AMD-V extensions. Because of the Kernel modifications need it to run this is not recommended for Forex Trading.

• Microsoft Hyper-V: Microsoft Hyper-V which is a hypervisor-based technology that provides true Hardware Virtualization and High level of Isolation from other virtual machines on the physical server. With the use of this new virtualization technology, users no longer have to worry about having their services being affected by other resource intensive services running on the same box. This is the best choice for Forex trading because of the great isolation this technology offers.

When you use a VPS service you will be sharing the computer resources with all other users on the machine which is why is essential that your portion of the computer is not being affected by the other users. On Virtuozzo VPS services you may experience great performance and a total computer freeze at time, not the optimal scenario for live trading.

After having tested many VPS technologies we highly recommend that you use only Hyper-V VPS host, the platform is very stable and the resources are always available. That leads to the best choice for running your expert advisors.

Below you have two images of 4xWatch running on different types of VPS of technologies .

On the first image we see how our Virtuozzo VPS fail for just a few seconds every other minute. That was probably cause by another user/users of the same node overloading the server and cause our MetaTrader to loose an accumulated 27 minutes on just one day.

Are second server is using the Hyper-V tecnolotegy , it has the same amount of RAM and is connected to the same server on the same Broker. But the 4xWatch reports a totally different story, the connection is rock solid true out the day with only a small disconnection during rollover.

This demonstrate how important is choosing the best VPS technology, your results will very depending on the load of the non Hyper-V server load.

Click here to view the original article

Cool. These advises are really matter.

I found some basic article about why you should urgently move your Forex trading to VPS at 4 Reasons Why You Should Use a VPS for Forex Trading. Did you know that VPS can save your money due to lower latency?

Thanks for your useful information. The knowledge provided by you about choosing the best VPS for forex trading is really great and helpful for the traders of the market.

reginaldscott24:
Cool. These advises are really matter. I found some basic article about why you should urgently move your Forex trading to VPS at 4 Reasons Why You Should Use a VPS for Forex Trading. Did you know that VPS can save your money due to lower latency?

Hi reginaldscott24, It is the most important to know that why we should use VPS for forex trading. I visited your shared link and there is really useful info for me.

Paul75:
Hi reginaldscott24, It is the most important to know that why we should use VPS for forex trading. I visited your shared link and there is really useful info for me.

Hello Paul,

It a pleasure for me to hear it. Thanks a lot.

The VPS in forex is a short form of “Virtual Private Server” is a particular kind of server. This is domiciled in one computer which carries many other VPS hence it is seen as virtual. Though they may be expensive Virtual Private Server really helps in reducing slippages you suffer in your trades especially when you use manual trading rather than the automated trading. As it is quicker when transmitting orders.

Reason: