Gann is the Man Indicators - page 8

Before we get to more GannBox_144, please be advised that on the AstroIndicator4, you must allow DLL Imports, so check that box in the "Common" tab.

There is also an input for the "natal date". With astro indicators that projected forward into the future, the birth date is required. This has been in practice with the stocks for a long time. For Forex, there is a list somewhere of birth dates accepted by the trading community. For EUR/USD, it is Jan 1, 1999 (enter 01011999).

The peaks and dips of the indicator will denote/project turning points. Use on daily chart.

The EUR/USD, today March 22nd, is currently at a turning point based on this indicator. Also note that most applications using this type of indicator/tool allow for a margin of error of 1 or 2 days.

Edit: There is also an input for using 360. Compare by applying the indicator on the same chart, with one version using 360 and another not using it. We can see that by using the 360, we only get one turning point for that period instead of two.

Edit 2: There is a problem compiling indicator, as mentioned by another poster. However, this seems to happen with Windows 7, and maybe also Windows Vista operating systems. We run other OS versions and it works, with exception of some optional input functions. If we hear of solution, we'll post.

The indicator SQ_9(Price) was applied to attached EUR/USD daily chart. This indicator will produce vertical lines that denotes probable turning points in time, based on Gann square of nine.

Input start date and price of recent significant high: Nov 25, 2009 and 1.5142. Exact time doesn't matter.

We also changed default of "Plot90DegreeOffsets" to false. Make sure to change this before clicking O.K. as these dotted lines cannot be removed automatically.

Also need to change the default for "NumberOfProjections", which is simply asking us how many lines do we want to project from the start point. 12 will get us to the present, and slightly beyond.

Time period is squared, and the default is SquareDays = true, and other periods false.

On the attached chart, we placed yellow arrows at turning points. If you zoom in, you can see it better. Not bad results. Remember, nothing is a stand-alone indicator, so use other tools to confirm.

Files:

Courtesy of bumasoft, who is the coder and has a web site marketnaturalcycle, that gives this indicator away free as an evaluation copy. It plots S&R based on astro, but I think only for EUR/USD.

We've seen something similar, which was called flux lines, in Wave59's large suite of astro tools. He also has a turning point indicator that he charges for.

Attached is the indicator BumaSoft Planetary SQ9 on EUR/USD daily. We can see the diagonal S&R it provides. We also marked 2 sets of ABCDs, in the 5-wave pattern uptrend.

On the bottom is the other free indicator BumaSoft Aspectarian, which plots potential turning points based on alignment of planets as chosen in te input section. A 3rd indicator, BumaSoft Daily Aspectarian, provides data in upper right hand corner, that pertain to which planets are in alignment, and to what angle (degree).

NaturalCycle - Harness the power of market cycles

Files:

fxbaja:
EUR/USD GannBox_144 on 4-hour chart.Start point = Jan 10th 08:00 low of 1.28723Price (height) = 14400Time (width = default 360

Need to have a data feed that is not missing data for any days, as well as a feed with a 6-day week.

If you have the same box and its vertical interval lines as the picture attached on that post, we can observe:

Since each white vertical line moving along the box width is 45 candles, we can divide that in half to arrive at 22 or 23.

The attached is with updated candle activity. We've marked the mid-points as well as some BAJA divergence.

6 out of the 7 times, EUR/USD pivoted at 22 or 23, and once at 20.

Here is a template with the indicator loaded 4 times onto the EUR/USD 1-hour chart. On the left data window, we can see the angles 0, 90, 180, and 270. You can change them to your taste.

Mouse over lines to read angle degree.

Assume you know how to drop the template into your MT4 template folder, otherwise just ask.

The last post had a template that looks good on EUR/USD 1-hour. However, when switching to the daily interval, things seem more confusing. This is due to using too many levels.

Now let's try this indicator on the 4-hour or daily as follows:

Just attach once to chart. Set planets 0,3,0,3,0,3,0,3,0. Set angle at 180 degrees. Set Natal Date to Jan 1, 1999.

The number 0 is the Sun, and 3 is Venus. Venus orbits the Sun every 225 days, a Gann number. Venus is also said to rule over monies. That's about as deep as we want to get on this part of the subject.

The 180-degree angle means that the 2 planets are in opposite position. Earth in the middle, and one planet on each side, lining up in a 180-degree line.

We can see the attached 4-hour SQ9 lines provide excellent support and resistance. Astro tools can project ahead in time. In this case, 1 week of S&R ahead.

Here's the exact same 4-hour chart, but we added the RSI(4) to identify BAJA divergence. The yellow arrows identify entries at top or bottom of SQ9 lines, that line up with BAJA divergence.

Chart shows 5 signals/trades this year, and 5 from Oct 2010 to end 2010.

The BAJA divergence technique requires entry with the EFT indicator. In this case trigger off the 30-min EFT.

Adding S&R to the BAJA identifies great opportunities. If you don't like intra-day trading or trading too many times, this one is good.

Since we can see the SQ9 S&R lines in advance, we can set an alarm to alert us when price comes close. The Chin Breakout indicator allows user to drag a trend line to desired location to trigger alert. Conduct a search on this web site for that indicator.

You will need to add an exit strategy, which may also incorporate fibs. Use of Baja divergence, fibs and fib extension is covered in the ABCD tutorial thread.

Attached is EUR/USD daily with the indocators and settings:

Planetary SQ9: Natal date = Jan 1, 1999. Planets = 0,3,0,3,0,3,0,3,0. Angle = 180.

AstroIndicator4 = set on default.

There were 9 signals generated by the AstroIndicator4 from July 1, 2010. We drew red vertical dotted lines aligning the peaks of the indicator with the candles.

The 1st 3 signals on left were on Fridays and not as good. Otherwise, the others were good.

The Planetary SQ9 added support & resistance levels. The RSI set on 4-period assist in determining trade direction. We can also use an entry trigger on a lower time frame. The distance between S&R levels consist of several hundred pips.

Add money management and exit strategy.

Note the next potential turn is set for next Sun/Mon, April 3rd/4th. Since Sunday is only 5 hours of trading, we're looking at Monday.

These peaks/signals on the indicator occur every 23-24 trading days (6-day week), depending on how many Saturdays are skipped.

Per previous posts, there seems to be a problem using the AstroIndicator4 on a computer running Windows 7.

Gann's book The Tunnel Through The Air was full of hints and needs to be deciphered. Here's one person that thinks she has it:

Tunnel Lecture

My first post here, I hit this website from google for this thread exactly.

I might just stay as a result

I have to say that I must be missing a few things here...

First off, I believe I've read this thread back to front. The astral4 indicator thing you are talking about is not available for download in this thread...

that being said, I wandered in for the Gann fragments. I don't know much on the subject of astrology but am quite interested to learn. Some of this just needs to be a little more black and white for me

So, as a matter of comparison I've overlayed the murray math lines and the moon phase calculator on one chart (EURUSD)

and then placed the gann price and gann time indicators over the chart next to it

for the time indicator I used may 4th as my date to project forward from. Personally I like the similarities. The moon phases says something like the 17th while the gann(time) says the 21st I believe. I did this the other day and pulled the 19th as my exact date of turning point and that sounds about dead on to me.

All this being said, I'm a little curious about what I've been reading. The posts up at the top I feel might be slightly confused seeing as how the ganntime uses a starting date and the gannprice does not. (just what I've observed)

What I ended up here looking for is how to use the gannsquare of 144

I've seen a few others (squares of 90 and 52) but 144 looks excellent as well. I got it into MT4 from my best understanding. But I have no idea how to set it up, hoping someone could point me in the correct direction. I can take endless screen shots for you, but it doesn't offer me a starting date or price even in the options for it. So i don't know how to properly lay it on the chart.

My best understanding from the research I've done says that the square of 144 is best if over layed across 2 years of time. I was hoping someone can shed some light on this for me

And I just read in someones post that all of this works exponentially better if my data feed includes days they are closed... I'm using fxsolutions and I believe I don't get all that information. Who supplies nonstop updates?

Thanks so much for reading,

and all the future help.

-William

P.s: Sorry for the huge photo, I didn't know it included my second empty monitor

Files:
screenshot1.png  1848 kb
Reason: