New to Forex unsure how about losses

Hi guys i'm new to Forex, recently jus started to pick up some books and tried demo accounts, however i still do not understand if i lose money how will it be calculated and how much must is pay? For example i buy $100,000 EUR/USD 13965.5/13967.5 and sell at 13962.5/13964.5. Does it means the loss i only pay is 35.79....? Thanks for ur help

hi ntccdomo, let's see if i can help you out here, you always buy at the higher price (ask price) and sell at the lower price (the bid). I recognise you have sub point there so you are most likely using Oanda for your demo right?

If you bought at 39675 and sold at 39625, that's a loss of 5 pips in total. If you're trading at 100,000 units (i.e standard lots), then you lost a total of $50.

Does that make sense?

In forex we had no fix figures how much loss is possible for new traders or skilled traders. it is their ability how they deal with market .SOme tims we had low loss high profits and vise vera. Newbie are in difficulty to manage risk that is why they are more in loss.

loss is very obvious initially every trader face loos but take it casually because after having loss we learn about forex trading and be careful while doing investment in forex .

Hey i think you don't have clear concept about pips,lot,timeframe,spread etc. Try to clear your concept before trading

UMOFX IB:
No one is sure about profit or loss. New trader had lot of difficulty to manage their risks. They can not control trading and there is reverse situation most of the time. gradually they cam to know how loss is calculated what steps are essential to limit or loss.Haphazard trading is like a gambling where we do or die .

I think forex is a business that has a very high risk. Every forex business there are always losses and profit. We're not sure when we can get profit and loss. because movement of the forex market, happens no certainly. By learning and practice, we can minimize the risk.

Well exactly! It very common to come across profits and losses. We should only be smarter to take wise decisions that does not let our capital to drown.

Yet i am keen on practicing about the tricks and stuffs to trade in a better way and to be on safer side.

I hope however it requires more experience and immense knowledge to trade smarter.

if you want to know about losses try to study more..

The second explanation has actually summarized the situation here. The guy was asking how to calculate profit. Your pip value depends on the lot size and leverage used and there is a formula for this. All you have to do is find the formula and do the calculation.

loss can not be prevented from trading forex. each of us doing forex trading, then we will always be overshadowed by the loss. Not always we will make a profit. if we want to minimize the loss, then we must have a good risk management. We can use SL on our trade.

Reason: