FXEngines Nov04 ForexReport Predicting Price Action

Just to inform people, I tried out this idea that was published by fxengines, with a 1.5 pip spread (Oanda) and it does not work. Personaly I think it is totaly bunk. And possibly fabercated. The numbers I got where no where near what they published. In fact most of the numbers where negitive, lost money. I think the best it did was to make about 400 pips a year.

PS: Can't upload file, it is a little under 700 KB.

Steven

I read that too, i even had an expert programmed on the basis of this document, was live demo testing it for a month the results were poor. ( on backtesting though it showed 7000% a year =) )

Ravique:
I read that too, i even had an expert programmed on the basis of this document, was live demo testing it for a month the results were poor. ( on backtesting though it showed 7000% a year =) )

I used the backtester I wrote myself, and most of the results were negitive, only very few positive. My backtester can test multiple settings, one after another without human intervention.

Where did you do your backtest?

Steven

Metatrader. i don`t know other backtesting programs, but since then i don`t belive that metatrader backtsting can be true.

MT results are not true IMHO. I have wondered about providing my backtester to the public, but it is far from being done. I write code for what I need at the time I need it. Plus it is only text, no graph.

Steven

SJR3t7 I sent a private massage to you.

SJR3t7:
Just to inform people, I tried out this idea that was published by fxengines, with a 1.5 pip spread (Oanda) and it does not work. Personaly I think it is totaly bunk. And possibly fabercated. The numbers I got where no where near what they published. In fact most of the numbers where negitive, lost money. I think the best it did was to make about 400 pips a year. PS: Can't upload file, it is a little under 700 KB. Steven

feel free to use the fxfisherman space on my website, I don't know if what you have is uploadable, but in that case just email it to me at xxzuz2@gmail.com and I'll upload it ASAP (normally less than 12 hours)

gazuz:
feel free to use the fxfisherman space on my website, I don't know if what you have is uploadable, but in that case just email it to me at xxzuz2@gmail.com and I'll upload it ASAP (normally less than 12 hours)

Thanks for the offer. But here is a link at MoneyTec where it can be downloaded. MoneyTec Traders Community Forum

Steven

No sense of wasting cyber space, with it at MoneyTec it can jus be downloaded from there.

Steven

Im starting to read the pdf file...

one thing I do not understandhowever, whatever the interval is, the tick data is alwasy going to be the same. Do they mean they test it on candle data? I mean one tick on M1 and one tick on H1 is exactly the same, just the candle will be bigger....

Maybe I'm missing something they did not explain well either, but do they say its going to go up EVERY SINGLE TIME until the 20 pips are reached or is it compared the candle's Open High Low or Close

I think it is lacking of explanation

gazuz:
Im starting to read the pdf file... one thing I do not understandhowever, whatever the interval is, the tick data is alwasy going to be the same. Do they mean they test it on candle data? I mean one tick on M1 and one tick on H1 is exactly the same, just the candle will be bigger.... Maybe I'm missing something they did not explain well either, but do they say its going to go up EVERY SINGLE TIME until the 20 pips are reached or is it compared the candle's Open High Low or Close I think it is lacking of explanation

From what I get from it, they place entry orders at the close of the candle.

I hope that helps. Tick data is used to exactly know what happened in the market, if you candle data, it dose introduce some error, depending on how you use it.

Steven

Reason: