CSV splitter (divide large CSV files) - page 3

Can you resize the window? It's possible that the Split Now button is obscured. Btw, a screenshot might be helpful.

scorpion:
Can you resize the window? It's possible that the Split Now button is obscured. Btw, a screenshot might be helpful.

I thought about that since I have my system fonts larger, I put them back to normal, no difference.

I am using another software now. So in case someone else runs into the problem. The app/control box is not re-sizable.

Scorpion, please i want to import an excel csv file from a peruvian stock exchange symbol and I don´t know how to do it. I want to import into MT4 because it has many good indicators. The format for the csv file is: date open high low close volume. Could you help me please. my email is intech@speedy.com.pe

Thanks and God bless you.

scorpion regarding my question I suppose i must use MT4 offline charts, or else shutdown the internet connection from my computer and load the csv file?

thanks

As far as I know, MT4 doesn't support CSV file. It supports only its .hst files. I'm not sure if there is any tool for importing CSV files into MT4, but CSV Splitter is definitely not the tool.

Hello to all!

I'm new here and first want to wish to all a nice weekend with only happy sessions with your computers

I found this thread while searching for a "CSV splitter". The Script works great, only - I've German files with ugly things like ä. ü, ö, ß ...

Would you mind to integrate that into the script?

I found, you included the source code. But I've no idea of VP, very little experience in programming at all, just a little Perl (years ago)

Thanks a lot!

scorpion:
You're welcome! Now I've just fixed a few minor bugs in version 1 and added Abort Splitting feature. You can download CSV Splitter version 1.1 from my first post. Enjoy!

patgio:
The CSV splitter is pretty good. However, I have a CSV file with 750,000 lines. The CSV splitter stops at 350,000.Any way to make it go to 750,000?

Maybe you'd first split this big file into three files and then split each separately ?

application not working with me

regards

thanks for CSV splitter. It works very fine. I use MS Vista Home Premium and 2 GB RAM and a 3 GHz P4 CPU.

I have csv-Files of catalogues which contains more than 1.1 million lines. Its very useful because excel (2007) can't work with files larger than 1 million lines.

There's only a little problem. In the files are special german characters called "Umlaute" and other characters also in english text rows like "'" (apostroph) and so on which came through the splitting in a form like "�". I think the problem is the "based64 encoding". Is there a posibility to change the enconding, perhaps in a form like "windows-1250".

I tried to import the csv-files through, but I don't find a encoding-type in excel which shows the correct characters.

Looking for a solution in advance

Andreas N.

scorpion:
I've just written the CSV Splitter for you, as I think it might come in handy someday. Download: csv-splitter-1.1.zip Downloaded: 1398 times (Oct 18 2007) I've attached the compiled exe along with source code. To run the exe, you will need .Net Framework Version 1.1 installed in prior. Instructions: 1. Fill in necessary information: CSV file: the path to the CSV that you wanted to split. Number of lines: the maximum number of lines/rows in each splitted piece. Max Pieces: limit the number of output files. '0' is unlimited. 2. Click "Split Now!", and that's it. You can find the splitted pieces in the a new folder of the same directory of the CSV file.

Scorpion i downloaded the file and ran it but the GUI doesn't have any buttons , it only shown CSV file bar , number of lines bar and max pieces bar ..... no buttons allow me to choose path and no "split now" button also. Do u have any ideas of why it happened ?

Reason: