Build 1080 Cannot Set Timer error with EventSetTimer function

All of a sudden one of my FFCal news indicators is giving this error in build 1080 using the EventSetTimer function. It worked perfectly fine in previous builds, was there something change that I am missing?

this is indeed true.

Metaquotes needs to fix this asap!

I have the same problems. Is it a bug in the new build?

I don't appreciate this system of forced beta testing. Every time they update the platform it destabilises my EA in one way or another, making it essentially my problem and forcing me to report these issues. Metaquotes is paid by the brokers for the use of the MT4 platform, brokers are paid by the traders, we do not need to become unpaid beta testers.

Did anybody report this to the service desk as suggested? I am curious to know if it was ever followed up on.

I got this same issue around May as well, and it is still a problem. I have build 1090 everywhere, and my EA which uses EventSetTimer works on my Win7 and 8 installs, but not on my VPS which is Windows 2012 R2. I have 2 separate MT4 installs from 2 different brokers on that VPS and both of them throw the error with that EA.

Given that this thread doesn't have more comments I assume the affected number of users can't be too big. Perhaps this is an issue with a Windows update that was released in May for 2012R2?

Can anyone confirm they have this issue on other versions of Windows?

VSc:

Did anybody report this to the service desk as suggested? I am curious to know if it was ever followed up on.

I got this same issue around May as well, and it is still a problem. I have build 1090 everywhere, and my EA which uses EventSetTimer works on my Win7 and 8 installs, but not on my VPS which is Windows 2012 R2. I have 2 separate MT4 installs from 2 different brokers on that VPS and both of them throw the error with that EA.

Given that this thread doesn't have more comments I assume the affected number of users can't be too big. Perhaps this is an issue with a Windows update that was released in May for 2012R2?

Can anyone confirm they have this issue on other versions of Windows?

From time to time I have customers reporting this problem, it's always from a VPS, I am not sure about the OS (and it appears to occur randomly).

So it's either something related to some OS versions, or to VPS with limited resource (not more handle).

In any case, you can report it to ServiceDesk.

Alain Verleyen:

From time to time I have customers reporting this problem, it's always from a VPS...

Hi Alain, thanks for responding, with possibly a useful piece of the puzzle.

I have created a new request. I will post back when I have an update.

Hi,

I recommend using the loop given here.

Yes, you can have an error when setting Timer. Usually it happens only once or twice inside the loop, but it may happen.

Using this loop always succeeds at setting the timer eventually.

Was this issue fixed?

I just run into this error, on MT4 build 1170.

The default suggestion given above, is to loop until you enable it.
          Build 1080 Cannot Set Timer error with EventSetTimer function - Indices - MQL4 programming forum № 8

I don't try to enable them in OnInit but instead I keep trying to enable them in OnTick/OnCalculate until they succeed. (No race condition, no CPU loop, no timer ticks before chart is updated.)
          Cannot set timer (60) - EA not working - MT4 - MQL4 programming forum

Reason: