Download MetaTrader 5

Problem: tried to download MT4 but the MT5 appears.

To add comments, please log in or register
Gotraders123
Gotraders123  

hello everybody,a

i experience a really frustrating problem. i'm using the mt5 for a while now.   And i"ll tried to download the MT4 platform from the website. Guess what happens.

I installed it and the mt5 trader appears. So i tried again. And the same thing happend. Can somebody tell me whats going on? Am i the only one who experiences this? 

honest_knave
honest_knave  
Gotraders123:

hello everybody,a

i experience a really frustrating problem. i'm using the mt5 for a while now.   And i"ll tried to download the MT4 platform from the website. Guess what happens.

I installed it and the mt5 trader appears. So i tried again. And the same thing happend. Can somebody tell me whats going on? Am i the only one who experiences this? 

Have a search of the forum and find out 

(magnifying glass, top right corner)

Xifeng Zhao
Xifeng Zhao  

i had to re-install my Win10 and got same problem.

i tried my old installation files from Thinkforex and FXCM. both of them installed and turned to MT4.

then i tried my old installation file from Oanda. it worked well and generated a MT4.

---------------

luckily i made a back up folder for all my C disk files excluding Windows folder.  thus i still have old Oanda/Think/FXCM folders and files under \program,

and i still have price data files under \users\app data\roam\metatrader

i hope you also have saved a copy of your C disk files.

i copied these folders back to C disk (to their original places).  created icons on desktop manually.  all three MT4 terminals now works well.

To add comments, please log in or register