Experiments ... - page 53

mladen:
That slope changes exactly then (that is what is less known about linear regression). This indicator can serve well to learn exactly how the linear regression works too :)

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for explain,then let me say with out making you offend on me :) if not better we use LR from averages that have significant effective extra features,after all we are behind locating trend as a main purpose.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for explain,then let me say with out making you offend on me :) if not better we use LR from averages that have significant effective extra features,after all we are behind locating trend as a main purpose.

regards

mntiwana

I think that two things should not be mixed. What we usually refer to as "linear regression" is actually "liner regression value" - and it is that moving average like indicator, What is "linear regression line" (some more information can be found here : http://www.stat.yale.edu/Courses/1997-98/101/linreg.htm) is that series of straight lines that are actually a best fit for the chosen number of bars when minimizing the sum of squares. That is what we can get if we use the insert->linear regression object. In any case, linear regression value (the "moving average like" and the "linear regression line" always have one point that is exactly the same and that point is forming the linear regression value

In my opinion the lines are useful since they can show the "trend estimation" that is different than the slope of some value estimation (and that has its math rules for that estimation). It is almost like we are asking somebody for a second opinion and that somebody is more conservative than us but we can count on the fact that it estimates based on values used and not on a feeling :)

mladen:

mntiwana

I think that two things should not be mixed. What we usually refer to as "linear regression" is actually "liner regression value" - and it is that moving average like indicator, What is "linear regression line" (some more information can be found here : http://www.stat.yale.edu/Courses/1997-98/101/linreg.htm) is that series of straight lines that are actually a best fit for the chosen number of bars when minimizing the sum of squares. That is what we can get if we use the insert->linear regression object. In any case, linear regression value (the "moving average like" and the "linear regression line" always have one point that is exactly the same and that point is forming the linear regression value

In my opinion the lines are useful since they can show the "trend estimation" that is different than the slope of some value estimation (and that has its math rules for that estimation). It is almost like we are asking somebody for a second opinion and that somebody is more conservative than us but we can count on the fact that it estimates based on values used and not on a feeling :)

Dearest MLADEN

I am more than 100% agree with you on any and every point of view you describe,explain and analyze that is why i always follow you and believe on every word of you.my main purpose to discuss with you to understand exact,how to utilize some tool in a maximum possible way and what i observe and understand about this tool for now,we can use it as a multi state indicator,the main line declaring overall trend and straight lines we can choose of any short term trend...... and all my observation is as a user.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

I am more than 100% agree with you on any and every point of view you describe,explain and analyze that is why i always follow you and believe on every word of you.my main purpose to discuss with you to understand exact,how to utilize some tool in a maximum possible way and what i observe and understand about this tool for now,we can use it as a multi state indicator,the main line declaring overall trend and straight lines we can choose of any short term trend...... and all my observation is as a user.

regards

Me too :-) and being thankful :-)

Super smoothed average trend (one more experiment :))

Upper using the regular average, lower using the super smoothed average (as it is obvious, it is not the slope that determines the trend)

mladen:

Upper using the regular average, lower using the super smoothed average (as it is obvious, it is not the slope that determines the trend)

Dear Mladen Thank you for this wonderful indicator

mladen:

Can we have alerts for it?

whisperer:
Can we have alerts for it?

Here is a version with alerts added to it

mladen:

Coloring options added to bollinger bands oscillator

Dear Mladen,

The realization of "BB Oscillator" is very interesting. I am observing it few days already, and i noticed that my PC becomes very slow ... is there anything that could be done for this ????

Thank you again for your enormous contribution ....

Best Regards

Dimitri

dimitri1:

Dear Mladen,

The realization of "BB Oscillator" is very interesting. I am observing it few days already, and i noticed that my PC becomes very slow ... is there anything that could be done for this ????

Thank you again for your enormous contribution ....

Best Regards

Dimitri

Dimitri

That indicator can not cause PC slowdown (it calculates only last 3 bars in 99.999999% of cases)

Reason: