GBPUSD pair short - page 7

eurofreek:
Nothing based on politics is certain

I agree. That is why I prefer technical analysis, while always keeping in mind to watch for changes due to news events and the like.

dianajs:
I agree. That is why I prefer technical analysis, while always keeping in mind to watch for changes due to news events and the like.

But I would like to have a Panama account too

On the daily chart of the GBPUSD, the pair is still in a congestion zone without a clear direction until now.

The pair reached 1.4090 but found resistance there. It also formed a hammer and an inverted hammer candlesticks on the four-hour time-frame at that level, which were a clear sign it would start rising again. I think next target is around 1.4220.

The GBPUSD may try to go and visit the 1.4300 level, which could act as resistance. To the downside, the 1.40 could be support.

fxstrategist:
The GBPUSD may try to go and visit the 1.4300 level, which could act as resistance. To the downside, the 1.40 could be support.

​The pair continues to consolidate above 1.40 handle, Brexit uncertainty is still the focus.

Bearish on this one.

I am waiting to see whether the pair will break above the resistance at 1.4400, because if it does I think it will continue rising towards 1.4600 and it will be time for longs.

Expecting a correction soon.

The pair is still testing the resistance at 1.4400 and I don't think it will be able to break above that level before the market closes. Next week, however, we will see a breakout, I think. On the other hand, if it bounces off that resistance we can expect a further move to the downside towards 1.4000 again, in my opinion.

Reason: