Ichimoku KVO Smoothed Ea - page 2

So far fwd testing doing pretty good on 14 pairs 4 hour charts.

the Ea is on demo in alpari terminal it opned 3 trades this week 2 were closed in profit(128+46 $)

the third trade is still open and in profit about 30$

i use the basic settings

Hi mrtools,

I did a 10 year backtest from Jan 2002 through Dec 2011. The result is not bad. Profit factor was 0.98. Profit trades % was 54.39%. Like Mladen said, with a little more work, this can be a long term consistently profitable EA.

I turned multiplier to 1 and kept other settings as default. The detailed test report is too big to attach here. I only attached a screenshot of the test report. If you want the detailed test report I can send you by email. It has a size of 13M.

pooh

Files:
capture_1124.jpg  142 kb

the Ea is run for the second week on demo (alpari)

4 trades closed in 260$ profit

one trade still run and it is on 36$ profit

the setting as they were

the ea lost 5 trades no win

i dont think it as what it should

i took it out from my list

pooh123:
Hi mrtools,

I did a 10 year backtest from Jan 2002 through Dec 2011. The result is not bad. Profit factor was 0.98. Profit trades % was 54.39%. Like Mladen said, with a little more work, this can be a long term consistently profitable EA.

I turned multiplier to 1 and kept other settings as default. The detailed test report is too big to attach here. I only attached a screenshot of the test report. If you want the detailed test report I can send you by email. It has a size of 13M.

pooh

Thanks Pooh, sorry for my late reply, just now saw your post, am open as always to any suggestions for improvement.

mrtools:
Thanks Pooh, sorry for my late reply, just now saw your post, am open as always to any suggestions for improvement.

Hi mrtools,

The other day when I backtested this EA I didn’t check the indicators used. Today I was surprised to find that, the two ichimoku based indicators you used in this EA actually worked the same way as the one Mladen just coded for me yesterday -ichimoku pooh 1.01. The indicator coded by Mladen is like a mtf and 2 in 1 version of the two indicators you used in this EA. It’s in Request & Ideas of Advanced Elite. It works this way, when price is above cloud and tanken sen is above kijun sen, it shows blue. It shows red in opposite situation. In other status, it shows no color. There’s also an option for comparing current price with price some periods ago. Try it out and you may want to replace the those two indicators with it.

I analyzed the trades of backtest. In the snapshot below, the red circle shows a bad trade that resulted in a loss. The two yellow circles show two trades that generated profit. However, IMHO, those two profitable trades still are not ideal from the perspective of price action. The blue circle shows the ideal place where an ideal trade should take place.

Trades with the highest rate of success take place when the big trend is established, right after a retracement is over and price is going in the trend direction again. The trade in red circle was placed long after the retracement was over and price had gone up a lot . Given the small stop loss used in the EA, it was almost doomed. Actually the majority of failed trades of this EA take place in a position like that. It’s the failure mode of this EA.

The two trades in yellow circles succeeded (they were barely visible in the pic). However, IMHO, they were still placed too late.

The most ideal place for a trade is where the blue circle is. However, it’s easy said than done. You can see in the pic that, at that moment, the H4 ichimoku pooh was colorless, meaning it’s not in a strong trend in H4. However, the D1 ichimoku pooh shows blue color, meaning it’s in a strong up trend in D1. So I suggest the following:

1) Allow trades to be placed when ichimoku in H4 does not show strong trend while in D1 ichimoku shows strong trend in the direction of the trade. If in both timeframe ichimoku shows strong trend in the same direction, so much the better. But definitely you should not allow a trade to be placed when H4 shows no strong trend while D1 shows strong trend in opposite direction of the trade.

2) Use some other indicators instead of KVO in combination with your ichimoku indicators /ichimoku pooh 1.01 to generate trade signal, which allows trade to be placed in the blue circle. May be using some moving average crossing with short periods.

3) Filter out trades well after the retracement is over. Maybe moving average crossing with short periods will do. For example, if the last crossing of 3 SMA over 5 SMA took place 3 bars ago, then don’t place the trade. You can experiment with different types of moving averages and periods.

Just some food for thought.

Files:
capture_1207.jpg  107 kb

Updated Ichimoku KVO smoothed EA to be new metatrader 4 code compatible : ichimoku_kvo_smoothed_nmc.mq4

Original was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183633

Reason: