Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 207

mladen:
That there is just spamming post that was not cleaned by their moderators - it is telling more about their moderators than about mq

I agree - but it seems that the site is un-moderated. Only the usual guy(s) with the usual "we are not slaves here ..." blah blah there ... no moderators (at English part of mt4) any more there

Build 752 - some people reported big problems (constant terminal shut down)

checkin:
Build 752 - some people reported big problems (constant terminal shut down)

Guys, use "/skipupdate" switch (it works) and allow updates only when you get reliable information that an update is OK. All other "solutions" are hope not reality. Avoid betas or else you risk loses

mladen:
Guys, use "/skipupdate" switch (it works) and allow updates only when you get reliable information that an update is OK. All other "solutions" are hope not reality. Avoid betas or else you risk loses

If you have two switches, is the syntax just "~\terminal.exe" /portable /skipupdate ?

forexyahoo:
If you have two switches, is the syntax just "~\terminal.exe" /portable /skipupdate ?

forexyahoo

Yes. Does not matter which order, as long as you specify both (the way you did, for example)

Still some problems with some antiviruses. In some cases antivirus must be turned off if you wish to have working metatrader. They still are behaving like a virus

Build 765 (we are getting close to build 777)

The "most important" changes :

1. Market: Fixed errors in formation of the list of favorite products.
  2. Market: Optimized and accelerated loading of logos and screenshots.

Nothing changed : the changes that are targeted to improve metatrader work are marginal. The rest is the usual : now they are going to sell us news too

techmac:
Build 765 (we are getting close to build 777)

The "most important" changes :

Nothing changed : the changes that are targeted to improve metatrader work are marginal. The rest is the usual : now they are going to sell us news too

I am using /skipupdate. Do not want to participate in their beta testing for at least a couple of months - the list of changes is insignificant for change of mind

checkin:
I am using /skipupdate. Do not want to participate in their beta testing for at least a couple of months - the list of changes is insignificant for change of mind

You are right - nothing that would change anybodies mind of the mess they have done came with this new build - but now we can expect brainwashing campaign where there will be praises from all the sides of the world (if theyy have left some money for that - judging from how they pay their moderators I would not say so, but who knows)

OOps. Closer to 777 again.

From their news in the MQL4 site, it seems the build 765 fixes some older bugs, even those they replied they wouldn't fix. That is what I was afraid of. I have spent hours with workarrouds after they claimed no action from the service desk, or did not reply at all.

Reason: