Metatrader known bugs ... - page 112

test
test  
Big Be:
The solution / command sequence is now in post 1095.

So it was not a bug after all?

BigBe
BigBe  
checkin:
So it was not a bug after all?

No, it's a bug.

test
test  
Big Be:
No, it's a bug.

I don't understand

If the solution is at post 1095, then why is it a bug?

BigBe
BigBe  

checkin,

The solution is a workaround, to make my program work. The original problem in MetaTrader still exists.

It's sort of like using duct tape to keep your car's headlight or gas cap in place.

Big Be

test
test  
Big Be:
checkin,

The solution is a workaround, to make my program work. The original problem in MetaTrader still exists.

It's sort of like using duct tape to keep your car's headlight or gas cap in place.

Big Be

I still do not understand, but does not matter

If some code works, than it is not a workaround but a coding solution, but that is probably just my opinion

[Deleted]  

I tested many indicators, so that the list ends with L. How many indicators does mt4 show?

Is there a way to see more without deleting others?

It's hard to understand why some indicators are shown and some not in the mt4 list, abc ist not the only reason.

Better to use new folders, but name the folder without ".". I have 20 in there, but mt4 shows only few. Has someone a link to a documentation of what mt4 shows in indicators and experts lists? Who shall know it, when not on a metaquotes board.
Mladen Rakic
bingofx:
When I try to switch server with less ping, MT4 automatically changes it to the "default" server.  Could anybody please explain why it happens?
Is that server with less ping active as server at all?
techmac
techmac  
friend4you:

I tested many indicators, so that the list ends with L. How many indicators does mt4 show?

Is there a way to see more without deleting others?

It's hard to understand why some indicators are shown and some not in the mt4 list, abc ist not the only reason.

Better to use new folders, but name the folder without ".". I have 20 in there, but mt4 shows only few. Has someone a link to a documentation of what mt4 shows in indicators and experts lists? Who shall know it, when not on a metaquotes board.
It is the time when they are created in the indicators folder - all the rest is sorting that list. You must delete some
[Deleted]  

Thanks, but that cannot be the only reason. I added some backspaces in front of indicators and they are often in front, when i create subfolders in indicators, most ex4 are ignored. Are mq4-files ignored when there is a ex4-file with same name?

Another problem: Does it help to decompile old mq4-files in metaeditor of 2012 when new version lists errors?

Mladen Rakic
friend4you:

Thanks, but that cannot be the only reason. I added some backspaces in front of indicators and they are often in front, when i create subfolders in indicators, most ex4 are ignored. Are mq4-files ignored when there is a ex4-file with same name?

Another problem: Does it help to decompile old mq4-files in metaeditor of 2012 when new version lists errors?

I don't think that any decompiling will help to anything (especially since you can not decompile the new ex4 files)