I'm sick of using the metaeditor so I'm currently writing a plugin for Eclipse
(I'm using it at work for Java) that will allow us to write, edit, compil mql
So far I've coded some functionnalities :
- color syntax and you can choose your colors of course.
- bracket match so you can see the opening or closing bracket
- code folding
- text hover on every keyword. For example you highlight "OrderSend" and it will show you the help of the function with the code snippet etc... like in the help
- content assist with method signatures so you will know what are the parameters without search every time in the help
- the help as been integrated in Eclipse and it goes directly to the mql doc website
- code template for new experts, indicators etc... if you develop a lot you certainly have a base file that you want to load every time you create a new expert (at least I do)
- code compilation on a button. This one a bit tricky. In Eclipse you develop in projects but I don't want to have my project in the expert folder. So you can have the possibility to copy the source code and ex4 in your metatrader after the compilation is done.
- compilation errors and warnings are shown in market along with the line numbers and in the console.
The thing that is missing is code formatting but that is quite a lot of work so I won't do it (at all or may be)
Here are some screenshot to give you better idea.
And now before I release it do you have any suggestions, comments, ideas ?
Great work, let us know when is ready .
I sure like to used it.
willing to betatest
I'd like to test your plugin if its available. mt4 editor sucks.
Is the plugin complete?
It was 7 years ago ...
Maybe you can try Visual Studio Code :https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/222553