Mandarine EAs mods - page 6

jamesphuc72:
Dear Mr. Tools and Newdigital,

I just would like to know about the new version that Mr. Tools posted "Mandarine_AllFiboPivots_T3Basic" version that :

+ If I set "Use4hrFibpivots = True, UseDailyFibpivots = True, UseWeeklyFibpivots = True, and UseMonthlyFibpivots = True", will this EA place trade with all = True like this?

+ Among all Fibpivots, I think that Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Fibpivots = True is good if this EA can place trade on those supports / resistances on Daily, Weekly, and Monthly. But as default settings, I see only UseWeekly Fibpivots = True, what is the reason for selecting only Weekly here?

Thanks for your advice and further information.

Regards,

James

The reason i chose weekly as default is because i prefer using weekly fibpivots on H1 chart but made the fibpivots a user selectable feature from H4 to Monthly fibpivots. Using multitimeframe fibpivots not sure why you would want to do that since Ea is performing nicely as is, and no the Ea won't trade using more than 1 fibpivot.

Thanks Mr. Tools

Thanks for your explanations.

The main reason why I asked you about setting the Daily, Weekly, and Monthly to be TRUE is that as I noticed so far, price actions often re-act and reverse around the R1, R2, R3 or S1, S2, S3 of either Daily, Weekly, or Monthly Fibopivots.

So, if this new version of Mandarin ea still places trades when setting Daily, Weekly, and Monthly all = TRUE, it will have more trades (because sometimes, the price actions reverse around Daily, sometimes around Weekly, and sometimes, around Monthly).

I imagine that if price actions pass through Daily and Weekly and come to Monthly Fibopivot but this EA does not place trades around area of Monthly, it will be a waste, because Monthly support / resistance is very strong, and when price reverses, the EA places a trade, and it can earn few hundred pips per trade rather easily.

So, now, I understand that this new version will only place trades if only 1 Fibopivot is set = TRUE. Then, I will select Weekly because it is strong enough to hold the price.

+ To Newdigital: As per your observation so far on forward-testing this Mandarine Fibopivot EA modified by Mr. Tools, which pairs show consistent winners / profits over a period of time with few losers?

aaa. Eurusd

bbb. Gbpusd

ccc. Usdchf

ddd. Usdjpy

eee. Usdcad

fff. Eurjpy

ggg. Gbpjpy

hhh. Gbpchf

I noticed from your recent posts that you only reported about the pips earned from Eurusd, Gbpusd, and Usdchf. So, how about other pairs mentioned above? Did you ever forward-tested other pairs besides EURUSD, GBPUSD, and USDCHF ? How good were the results for other pairs?

Thanks a lot, Mr. Tools. And thanks to Newdigital for your kind explanations on the trades on other pairs.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

James

Hi James,

jamesphuc72:

aaa. Eurusd

bbb. Gbpusd

ccc. Usdchf

ddd. Usdjpy

eee. Usdcad

fff. Eurjpy

ggg. Gbpjpy

hhh. Gbpchf

I noticed from your recent posts that you only reported about the pips earned from Eurusd, Gbpusd, and Usdchf. So, how about other pairs mentioned above? Did you ever forward-tested other pairs besides EURUSD, GBPUSD, and USDCHF ? How good were the results for other pairs?

Have a nice day!

Regards,

James

as far as I can see (and you could also see) from previous posts of newdigital, the statements are self-explained.

Imho, I would stick with gbpusd, eurusd, usdchf, usdcad and nzdusd.

I would avoid all Asian crosses like gbpjpy, usdjpy, eurjpy

Even audusd is not as safe for my trading style.

Hope that helps.

Many pips,

chriz

Thanks, Chriz. I do see Gbpjpy and Eurjpy are profitable

Hi Chriz,

Thanks for your advice.

Since last week up to now, I did use this Mandarine EA V1 on eurjpy, and Mandarine-AllFibopivots on gbpjpy, and they made very good profits.

Like 2 days ago, Mandarine-Allfibopivots with Weekly = true as default made a sell on Gbpjpy at 145.31, stop loss= xxx, and take profit = 138.xx.

Then, gbpjpy went down for the last 2 days to 141.56, I was satisfied and manually closed down the trade with profit of nearly 400 pips in 1 trade.

I noticed that this EA is profitable, but if we leave them trade alone, many times, it could not reach the profit target because it is too far, and too much.

So, when we can see a strong support or resistance, we can decide to closed the trade manually for better pips profits instead of waiting for the reversal to come out and hit our trailing stop (we can leave more than 50 pips per trade on the table).

This EA, V1 also made good profit or more than 200 pips on eurjpy last week.

This is my first time to use it on those pairs not recommended like Gbpjpy and Eurjpy, but in my mind, I thought these 2 pairs are very volatile, and when market reverses, we can win very big with this EA.

That's why I would like to receive Newdigital's and also Mr. Tools' comments and experiences when they ran forward-testing on those pairs like Gbpjpy and Eurjpy on the long-run time. They should have more experience than I do (because I based my experience on 2 trades since last week up to now).

Thanks and regards,

James

It is visual statements for all the pairs (in case of 5,000 initial deposit).

Fibo= false:

Fibo = true:

About the pairs: look at excel files on the last post of this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173403 - the calculation and files are updated weekly during the weekend. So, you can select most profitable pairs and so on.

-------------

I am forward testing Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA for H1 timeframe. I changed only the settings for Fibo (true and false).

jamesphuc72:

Thanks for your explanations.

The main reason why I asked you about setting the Daily, Weekly, and Monthly to be TRUE is that as I noticed so far, price actions often re-act and reverse around the R1, R2, R3 or S1, S2, S3 of either Daily, Weekly, or Monthly Fibopivots.

So, if this new version of Mandarin ea still places trades when setting Daily, Weekly, and Monthly all = TRUE, it will have more trades (because sometimes, the price actions reverse around Daily, sometimes around Weekly, and sometimes, around Monthly). .

I imagine that if price actions pass through Daily and Weekly and come to Monthly Fibopivot but this EA does not place trades around area of Monthly, it will be a waste, because Monthly support / resistance is very strong, and when price reverses, the EA places a trade, and it can earn few hundred pips per trade rather easily.

So, now, I understand that this new version will only place trades if only 1 Fibopivot is set = TRUE. Then, I will select Weekly because it is strong enough to hold the price.

+ To Newdigital: As per your observation so far on forward-testing this Mandarine Fibopivot EA modified by Mr. Tools, which pairs show consistent winners / profits over a period of time with few losers?

aaa. Eurusd

bbb. Gbpusd

ccc. Usdchf

ddd. Usdjpy

eee. Usdcad

fff. Eurjpy

ggg. Gbpjpy

hhh. Gbpchf

Thanks a lot, Mr. Tools. And thanks to Newdigital for your kind explanations on the trades on other pairs.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

James

James on this version, if you set daily,weekly, and monthly to true it should use those fib pivots along with regular Mandarine method, don't have time to test today so not sure how well it works

Regards

tools

This EA is trading slowly so it is difficult to say which pairs are most profitable.

As I see for fibo = true so it is USDCAD, USDCHF and GBPUSD.

For fibo = false: EURUSD, GBPUSD and may be NZDUSD.

It is fibo = false, GBPUSD only:

But as I said - EA is not trading often so 2 months is nothing for serious conclusion about which pairs are most profitable.

Only I can say that it is more safe to trade with fibo = true.

Little bug ...

Hi mrtools,

I took the liberty to look inside the code of your EA ( version Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 ) because is generating an error on ECN broker.

I see, from the code, that :

if (EcnBroker && StopLoss>0) setStopLoss(ticket,Ask+StopLoss);

In setStopLoss function we have:

void setStopLoss(int ticket,double stopLoss)

{

if (ticket != -1)

for(int c=0; c<NumberOfTries; c++)

{

OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),stopLoss,OrderTakeProfit(),0);

int err = GetLastError(); checkError("stop loss aplied",err);

if (err==4 || err==136 || err==137 || err==138 || err==146) continue;

break;

}

}

But in OrderModify the OrderTicket() doesn't return a valid ticket.

It generates this error "invalid ticket" .

Shouldn't we modify the line? :

with :

OrderModify(ticket,OrderOpenPrice(),stopLoss,OrderTakeProfit(),0);

Same thing for setTakeProfit function.

Btw, I'd like to let you know that this expert is very good and very well coded!! Kudos to you man.

If you don't mind, I'll make a customize version of this EA using Jurik MA

instead of T3 (or maybe add a switch to choose the type of MA to use)

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

chriz

chriz:
Hi mrtools,

I took the liberty to look inside the code of your EA ( version Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 ) because is generating an error on ECN broker.

I see, from the code, that :

if (EcnBroker && StopLoss>0) setStopLoss(ticket,Ask+StopLoss);

In setStopLoss function we have:

void setStopLoss(int ticket,double stopLoss)

{

if (ticket != -1)

for(int c=0; c<NumberOfTries; c++)

{

int err = GetLastError(); checkError("stop loss aplied",err);

if (err==4 || err==136 || err==137 || err==138 || err==146) continue;

break;

}

}

But in OrderModify the OrderTicket() doesn't return a valid ticket.

It generates this error "invalid ticket" .

Shouldn't we modify the line? :

with :

OrderModify(ticket,OrderOpenPrice(),stopLoss,OrderTakeProfit(),0);

Same thing for setTakeProfit function.

Btw, I'd like to let you know that this expert is very good and very well coded!! Kudos to you man.

If you don't mind, I'll make a customize version of this EA using Jurik MA

instead of T3 (or maybe add a switch to choose the type of MA to use)

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

chriz

Thanks for your observations Chriz, went ahead and changed the version you were talking about but since don't have ECN broker not able to test if you don't mind could you please test this version and let us know here then will change all the versions if working right.

Also feel free to mod the Ea any way you choose would be a great thing if you post your changed version here for all of us to benefit.

Best Regards and Thanks again

tools

Thank you for this great EA, mrtools.

I try to learn from your coding experience. Could you please explain why in general the ECN related code is required?

For me an ECN broker is a broker with a variable spread. From this I conclude that an ECN broker offers other bid + ask values than a non ECN. But what else? And why makes a variable spread a difference in coding an EA?

I went over the code but I do not see the difference between the code related to an ECN and the other code (ECN=false).

I think that for both cases (ECN = true and false) the stoploss price is calculated by sl = Bid - stoploss and takeprofit price is calculated by Ask + takeprofit.

I have no clue what role the ticket variable plays.

Reason: