Requests & Ideas - page 629

dancukerz:
Hello Mladen
can you please add new averages methods and filtering method too
thanks

dancukerz

New averages methods (as well as the newest set of prices) are already in that version

Will check what can be done with filtering (if nothing else, filtering of value for sure will be done)

Mladen !

I was just looking for a way to get my ea to buy and sell in a retracement in a band .
And i usually used x> / x< for that but it seem to compair prices from the last bar.

So i looked at one of your codes :

if (alertsOnLevelsRetrace && trends[forBar][1] ==  1 && trends[forBar-1][1] !=  1) doAlert(time2,mess2,whichBar,"retraced "+DoubleToStr(bli[whichBar],5)+" level up","up");'

it took trades when i used : closed price < lower buffer line and then
closed price !=  lower buffer line .

But then i looked back at your code again , is closed price even right ?
What does trends[forBar] mean ?

timmyhanke:
Mladen !

I was just looking for a way to get my ea to buy and sell in a retracement in a band .
And i usually used x> / x< for that but it seem to compair prices from the last bar.

So i looked at one of your codes :

if (alertsOnLevelsRetrace && trends[forBar][1] ==  1 && trends[forBar-1][1] !=  1) doAlert(time2,mess2,whichBar,"retraced "+DoubleToStr(bli[whichBar],5)+" level up","up");'

it took trades when i used : closed price < lower buffer line and then
closed price !=  lower buffer line .

But then i looked back at your code again , is closed price even right ?
What does trends[forBar] mean ?

timmyhanke

Check a few lines earlier in the code and you shall see the assignment of values to the trends[] array - that will clarify what does the trends[forBar] stand for

mladen:

timmyhanke

Check a few lines earlier in the code and you shall see the assignment of values to the trends[] array - that will clarify what does the trends[forBar] stand for

is trends[forBar] something to do with dynamic zones ?

Is it right to use closed price or bid price instead of trends[forBar] in this case to use it with a indicator that dosnt have dynamic zones ?

Looked at the code again but didnt find the right explanation because i dont understand 99 % of everything written in there :)

timmyhanke:
is trends[forBar] something to do with dynamic zones ?

Is it right to use closed price or bid price instead of trends[forBar] in this case to use it with a indicator that dosnt have dynamic zones ?

Looked at the code again but didnt find the right explanation because i dont understand 99 % of everything written in there :)

trends[] array is used to store consecutive states of some condition cheking

That way you can check (for example : trends[now] =close[now]>some value - all you have to check is is trends[now] is the same as trends[previous] and if it is not, then you know that there is a change in the "trend")

mladen:

trends[] array is used to store consecutive states of some condition cheking

That way you can check (for example : trends[now] =close[now]>some value - all you have to check is is trends[now] is the same as trends[previous] and if it is not, then you know that there is a change in the "trend")

isnt that exactly the same as to use x> and x< ?
sorry if i ask to many questions :)

hello Mrtools & Mladen

in past I used a Ifr rsi smoothed by hodrick prescott filter, very reactive but it repaint 

ift rsi  is recognized to be faster than the stochatic

In the same spirit of "Stochastic(of ma)"  indicator;I think a "Ift RSi averages" could be a great quick oscilator 

what do you think about ? 

timmyhanke:
isnt that exactly the same as to use x> and x< ?
sorry if i ask to many questions :)

No, it is anything but the same

If you use that way then you have comparisons for each and every bars stored. If you want to "see" what happened in the past, you do not have to do the comparison again - just read the value of the array. While the "comparison way" you have to repeat the comparisons each and every time when you want to check something (try, for example to use same condition for color change on current bar, alert on closed bar and arrows - for argument sake, 3 bars ago, for example : what would you do? repeat the comparison 3 times?)

Storing the state of condition(s) checking maybe takes some array/buffer space, but largely improves the speed and the clarity (ie: the cleaner the code, the less probability to have an error) of the code, and don't forget that if you take a code a year from now, it has to be as readable and understandable as today for further changes/improvements/enhancements. The shorter and the cleaner the code (the less repeated same things (just with different indexes), the less things to remember

mladen:

No, it is anything but the same

If you use that way then you have comparisons for each and every bars stored. If you want to "see" what happened in the past, you do not have to do the comparison again - just read the value of the array. While the "comparison way" you have to repeat the comparisons each and every time when you want to check something (try, for example to use same condition for color change on current bar, alert on closed bar and arrows - for argument sake, 3 bars ago, for example : what would you do? repeat the comparison 3 times?)

Storing the state of condition(s) checking maybe takes some array/buffer space, but largely improves the speed and the clarity (ie: the cleaner the code, the less probability to have an error) of the code, and don't forget that if you take a code a year from now, it has to be as readable and understandable as today for further changes/improvements/enhancements. The shorter and the cleaner the code (the less repeated same things (just with different indexes), the less things to remember

Thank you Mladen for explaining everything to me , you have tought me some good things to keep in mind ! :)

heispark:

Hello,

Anyone can share latest vesion of Murray Math level indicators? I see only more than 5 years old indicators in forexfactory. If possible non-repainting vesion preferred (not sure if there's non-repainting vesion)

Thanks 

heispark

Murrey math should not repaint (since it depends on past data - at least the classical versions are using past data for major pivot line and for the range to calculate the levels - since all - the 4/8th and the range are depending on the pas, they can not repaint if they are coded correctly

Reason: