TickScalper EA - page 20

Explanation about he time.

1 bar.

At 17:37 for IBFX broker:

and same bar opened at 19:37 for Alpari UK:

And it is on the same time.

means: If Alpari UK time is 19:37 so it is 17:37 for IBFX in the same time for same bar.

Alpari UK is on GMT +2 now.

IBFX is on GMT + 0 now (on summer time).

EA's settings timing: GMT +1 by default.

So, 6 am for Alpari UK = 4 am for IBFX in case we are talking about same bar.

Files:
ibfx_2.jpg  26 kb
alpariuk.jpg  14 kb

I do not quite understand it.

Hi Newdigital,

Sorry but frankly speaking, I do not understand your explanations about GMT settings of TickScalper EA.

What I wish to know is:

1. If I use IBFX, what should I need to change with your 4 different pre-set files on Inputs?

2. If I use Alpari UK, do I need to change anything on Inputs?

3. If using FXCM UK, what should I need to change on Inputs?

I need to know WHAT I SHOULD CHANGE ON INPUTS IF I USE DIFFERENT BROKERS WITH DIFFERENT GMT TIME-ZONE?

Or I just use same pre-set files for all brokers of different GMT Time-zone?

+ About ECN Broker, if it is ECN Broker, then, ECN Mode is still 1 as default, or what ?

+ What should I change on Start Hour, Start Minute, and End Hour, End Minute? and Monday Start Hour, Monday Start Minute, and Fri End Hour, Fri End Minute? If different brokers of different GMT time?

Please give clearer examples on this case, because I think the results will be very different if we set same for different brokers of different GMT time, because the trading hours, trading minutes, and Monday, Fri start hour, start minute, end hour, end minute will be quite different.

Waiting for your detailed explanations on above questions.

Thanks and regards,

James

1. If I use IBFX, what should I need to change with your 4 different pre-set files on Inputs?

Timing.

StartHour=6

StartMinute=0

EndHour=22

EndMinute=0

MonStartHour=8

MonStartMinute=0[/CODE]

It is for GMT +1. Alpari UK is on GMT +2 (summer time now).

So, for IBFX:

StartHour=4

StartMinute=0

EndHour=20

EndMinute=0

MonStartHour=6

MonStartMinute=0[/CODE]

2. If I use Alpari UK, do I need to change anything on Inputs?

I did not change anything.

I am keeping the timing same for Alpari UK

3. If using FXCM UK, what should I need to change on Inputs?

I do not know.

Depends on their GMT shifting.

I need to know WHAT I SHOULD CHANGE ON INPUTS IF I USE DIFFERENT BROKERS WITH DIFFERENT GMT TIME-ZONE?

You need to change this:

StartHour=6

StartMinute=0

EndHour=22

EndMinute=0

MonStartHour=8

MonStartMinute=0[/CODE]

It is for GMT + 1. And I did not change it for summer time so I am keeping it for GMT +2 too (brokers changed the time).

Or I just use same pre-set files for all brokers of different GMT Time-zone?

You need to change this:

StartHour=6

StartMinute=0

EndHour=22

EndMinute=0

MonStartHour=8

MonStartMinute=0
+ About ECN Broker, if it is ECN Broker, then, ECN Mode is still 1 as default, or what ?

Yes. Because 1 = true in programing language.

0 - false.

If ECN Mode = 1 so it means that ECN Mode = true.

true means: you are using ECN mode. Means: trade is open and only after that the stop loss and take profit values are placed.

You can use ECN Mode = 1 for any broker.

I am using it for Alpari UK.

Keep it as 1.

+ What should I change on Start Hour, Start Minute, and End Hour, End Minute? and Monday Start Hour, Monday Start Minute, and Fri End Hour, Fri End Minute? If different brokers of different GMT time?

You need to change the value of it:

[CODE]StartHour=6

StartMinute=0

EndHour=22

EndMinute=0

MonStartHour=8

MonStartMinute=0

It is for GMT +1 but I did not change it when the broker changed the time according to Daylight saving time for summer: Daylight saving time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alpari UK was on GMT +1. For summer - the broker changed it for GMT +2 because of: Daylight saving time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, I did not change the value of it keeping it same for Alpari UK:

[CODE]StartHour=6

StartMinute=0

EndHour=22

EndMinute=0

MonStartHour=8

MonStartMinute=0

IBFX is on GMT +0 now.

6 am for Alpari = 4 am for IBFX (in case of same bar meaning).

For IBFX:

[CODE]StartHour=4

StartMinute=0

EndHour=20

EndMinute=0

MonStartHour=6

MonStartMinute=0

----------------

I just want to tell that I explained about GMT and how to set the timefilter in any EA many times in this elite section. May be 100 times in this elite section.

Read this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

and this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176023

What I explained here - it is how to set timefilter in EA.

It was explained before for other EAs many times.

It is same for any EA with timefilter.

Hi Newdigital. Thanks. How much is 1 pip on your Alpari's account?

Hi Newdigital,

I just put this EA on Eurgpb and Eurusd, M1 time-frame with settings "MORE SAFE" on both pairs. Lot size = 0.01 on mini account of IBFX.

I noted that 1 winner on Eurusd (buy) with profit of 5 pips = 5 cents, which means 1 pip = 1 cent only.

So, how is 1 pip equivalent on your forward-testing account on Alpari UK? 1 pip = 1 cent or 1 usd for the account of 1,000usd and 3,000usd?

I think if 1 pip = 1 cent, then, it is too slow to increase the profits to meet annual grow forecast of over 1000%. I think for these accounts on Alpari UK, 1 pip = 1 usd, right ?

+ Also, I noticed on Account history that the Stop loss = 0, and Take profit = 0. Does it mean that after placing a trade, the EA does not put any visual Take profit and Stop loss? Or because I use ECN = 1 as default settings?

Is it safe if there is disconnection of broker's server? if Stop loss = 0, and Take profit = 0 like this ?

Waiting for your further information soon.

Also, please kindly advise some details (you can send email to me via: vinhphuc1972@yahoo.com or james_phuc28@yahoo.com personally) on Polyfit EA about its' max drawdown, relative drawdown, and profit factor compared with this TickScalper EA?

I am considering to subscribe to your Advanced Elite members to enjoy more advanced indicators and EAs soon.

Thanks and regards,

James

I will not send anything to your email address because Polyfit scalper is for advanced elite members. And you are not advanced elite member. Subscribe to advanced trial and unsubscribe before paying and you will know.

As to how many dollars/cents is 1 pips or 5 pips for some broker - go to the broker's page.

As I remember - 1 pips (4 digit pips) for 0.1 lot size = 1 dollar.

For IBFX - it depends on your account: standard or minis.

As to take profit and stop loss.

In my settings: EA is using exit = 12 and profit target (you can see it on the settings. So, the trade will exit for take profit, or trade will martingaled for the next trade with more bigger lot size and close in profit anyway.

Others - depends on the settings.

Take profit is inside EA in the settings. You may call it hidden. But it is not hidden.

There are the following kinds of stop losses and take profits:

- real placed;

- coded inside EA and real placed;

- coded inside EA and hidden from the broker;

- hidden from the broker but not coded inside EA as part of the system.

It is martingale system so it is very risky.

... to your Advanced Elite ...

Forum Advanced Elite.

Updated statement for 3.44 version.

More safe settings.

M1 timeframe.

EURGBP.

===============

All the versions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page3

Version #3.44 with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8

Could you run CHFJPY on forward-testing? Thanks

Dear Newdigital,

Could you run forward-testing of this EA on CHFJPY? This pair is a non-volatile pair, and so, maybe, results are better than EURGBP, I think.

Thanks.

By the way, TickScalper EA made profit of around 20usd for me on Eurusd and Eurgbp on Interbankfx's mini live account yesterday.

The biggest lot size for EURGBP and EURUSD came up to 0.4 before it closed out all for profit of around 20usd.

+ My setting of lot size is:

aaa. For eurusd, I set lot size = 0.1

bbb. For eurgbp, I set lot size = 0.05

I noticed that TickScalper EA closed out 3 trades on EURUSD and 3 trades on EURGBP with 1 loss, 1 big winner, and 1 at nearly breakeven.

So, does it mean that TickScalper EA will close all open trades for a final profit of total trades, even though some trades may be closed for a loss? Is my understanding correct ?

+ According to your own experience, which settings are best (Risky, Safe and More Safe?)? I don't have much experience in testing this interesting EA yet. Just wonder to know which settings should be used on a live mini account of 1000usd?

I hope you can post your forward-testing results of CHFJPY pair with this EA next week. It seems that CHFJPY is up and down often (not run on one directions so strongly like EURGBP, and so, it seems to be more profitable, and lesser drawdown than EURGBP).

Thank you very much.

James

I am sorry - I will not test CHFJPY.

because it is the pair with sudden movement.

As to "close with profit" so it is martingale: in martingale - the trade is going to some floating loss (PipStep or any similar name in the settings) and next trade is opened with bigger lot size. All the trades may be closed simultaniously in profit.

Most problem with martinaler system (any system) - floating drawdown, margin call because of big lot size.

It is martingale.

3.44 version.

More safe settings.

M1 timeframe.

EURGBP.

I will post updated statement later.

It is just some stats from the Metatrader:

===============

All the versions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page3

Version #3.44 with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8

Files:
Reason: