Extremely Powerful Strategy 100% Automatic and Simple. - page 2

Change in indicator

Well, I've never been the one to be embarassed about making a mistake but I feel that since you all know obviously this is a system that can be improved and since it is work in progress, I've noticed that the initial silvertrend indicator is just not cutting it for this.....

I had thought initially that it was not going to be a problem and even though backtesting showed promise, I think that something a little better can be used and its funny that you mentioned GreatYves that you trade similar but with another indicator. I was just going to post a different indicator that I saw was working even better.

Its a real simple one but it works nicely, I've changed the initial post once again to include it..... and again sorry for that, I'm just really trying to improve this as much as possible.

GreatYves:
When i try backtesting, i always get "OrderSend error 130" in the journal, no trade are taken at all... ???

Did you download the history data for the currency pair and timeframe you wish to test? If not try that. You have to restart mt4 after doing that.

I have not tried the close and reverse strategy you mention however,

Rarely does the tp price get hit, normally its the trailing stop that gets hit before that happens.... I've noticed a lot of times the trailing stop is better because in a choppy market you will get nailed with the close and reverse strategy vs trailing stop will atleast get some profit or atleast breakeven in those chops.

How has your experience been with close and reverse?

I'm now using the EMA crossover signal-Japan with faster ema 1 and slower ema 3

Can you attach that indi to the first post? Or is it the ones that come shipped wih MT4 ?

bonten:
Can you attach that indi to the first post? Or is it the ones that come shipped wih MT4 ?

Actually I wasn't able to upload that particular one but any ema cross indi will do, the one I posted in the initial post just now works the same, I just verified it against the japan one.

Forward testing is the way!

Hi All,

Dont think there is much of a point of backtesting this, forward testing is the one! Am not really a fan of EA's i am more into my manual strategy's but will take a look at this, Thanks chartista.

Happy Pips!

bh4v1k:
Hi All,

Dont think there is much of a point of backtesting this, forward testing is the one! Am not really a fan of EA's i am more into my manual strategy's but will take a look at this, Thanks chartista.

Happy Pips!

No problem! If you can work it totally manual good for you! Keep me posted on your progress!

bonten:

Hey Bonten, are you using the following logic:

FIRST DETERMINE GT: The General Trend or (GT) is established by the last ema cross arrow being aligned with the rainbow ma's on the daily chart. By rainbow ma's being aligned I mean the ma10 (yellow) on top of the ma9 (blue) in up trend and ma10 below ma9 in down trend.

IF GT IS LONG: Then set Sidus EA to LONG ONLY with aggresive MM when ema cross up arrow appears on H4. Also set Sidus EA to SHORT ONLY with conservative MM when ema cross down arrow appears on H4.

The following could mean a retracement within the General Trend or the start of a new trend

When the last ema cross arrow is NOT aligned with the rainbow ma's on the DAILY chart: Then set aggresive MM ONLY when there is a realignment of ema cross with the rainbow ma's, whatever that direction may be. Then on H4when the cross indicator gives the arrow in this direction but in the meantime all trades will be conservative.

Here are a couple of screen shots of the pound. You can see that there is a clear up trend, so up arrows in H4 will be treated with more liberal MM.

Files:

That seemed like a good trade, did you take it manually or use the expert? Could you post your indicators and template for that graph? Looks really nice!

I knew it ... I have put a lot of tweeking in my template, and i am kind of shy in giving it away. The corona Dashboard, and the AllTrenEnvelopes_v1 and Labtrend1_v4.1 are all from Igorad and come from the elite section, i am not allowed to give them away. You should subscribe, a month for 12$ is a deal! I put 3 AllTrenEnvelopes_v1 on my chart, the 15 min, the 240min and the daily so i don't need more chart to trade and it still clean. Post me in the elite section then i will be glad to give you my template.

While doing this post i missed the 38.2 break out... bouhouhou.. I"ll wait fore a dip..

Reason: