ValeoFX's Trading Method... - page 9

AceFX:
Hello,

Valeo, fantastic work! ..as usual! I have been studying this for the last couple of weeks and am enjoying the results tremendously! Cannot thank you and everyone else who has contributed to make this method what it is today enough. Thank You!

I thought I would post my m5 chart here as I look at it. If you would rather I don't as it is not exactly like yours I completely understand. I do not want to cause any confusion. The only big difference is the Chimp_2 as I am not comfortable with the MTF version and really don't get it yet.. Additionally, I've cluttered things up a bit with 8, 60, & 120 ma's (dashed).

I especially like the 54 levels you have introduced here, they are fantastic for eliminating some of the fake-out CCI crosses; couple that with the corrected moving averages and the trades have been quite reliable. If anything looks out of place on my charts or anybody has suggestions I would love to hear about them!

I generally trade a bit earlier than most hence the entry at 05:50 and it usually treats me ok. Didn't catch the last part of the move as I had a TP just below 4900 but not a bad way to start the day.

Take care,

Ace

Hi Ace,

Firstly thank you for your kind words; much appreciated.

Secondly, you are more than welcome to post your setup as we are trying to "fine tune" the method.

BTW, our entries matched for the LONG you have marked.

Looking forward to seeing more of your trades.

generousforex:
I also use the chimp2, but I use it as well as the chimp4. I have seen

times when the chimp2 was not as gung ho for a trade as the chimp4

and it was a good thing. But the chimp4 is by far my favorite new

indicator...I really like it.

For me, with the dual setup.. I just use the chimp2 as is without the ma over it

and then use the chimp4 as well as that has the ma over it and is

the one I want to watch in relation to the ma now.

Brian

Anxious to see the results, Brian. Please keep us posted.

generousforex:
Do you think it would be a big deal to have an alert option added to the chimp 4? What I would really like is like the cci level 54 alarm.. when the histogram reaches +1 we can get a long alert/alert painted on that candle, and when it reaches -1 the same for a short alert. I don't know if others trade this way, but me.. I only take a trade if the chimp 4 agrees and agrees by being at least at +1 for a long or -1 for a short at the time of confirming the trade. Otherwise I dont take the trade... and like the cci overheating, find when the chimp 4 reaches +3/-3 the trade possibly could be overdone.. its a warning level to notice. From my experience live trading so far with it.

thanks for your input.

Brian

GF

Brian, here is the Chimp4 as treated by Yannis to show what you are asking for and I have the feeling that you may have it, but let me send it anyway. The signals are clearly marked with little "Bullseyes" and like you, I just love it. If you wish to have an audible alert, I will ask Yannis once he has sufficiently recovered from his bout of influenza.

Let me know, please.

POST #72 edited...

I have swapped the posted Chimp4 in Post #72 for the one from Yannis as posted above.

Thanks to Yannis for his selfless attitude and helping us to achieve a better setup; you are a wonderful friend to have. Be blessed.

Best wishes always.

Perfect!

Indeed I did not have this version with the painted level alert. Perfect!

Thank you so much Valeo. And yes, when he is better and can take a look, a choice of having audible alert would be great. In the meantime, this is great!

Thank you Yannis.. another great job from you. Hope you feel all better very soon!

All the best

Brian

ValeoFX:
Brian, here is the Chimp4 as treated by Yannis to show what you are asking for and I have the feeling that you may have it, but let me send it anyway. The signals are clearly marked with little "Bullseyes" and like you, I just love it. If you wish to have an audible alert, I will ask Yannis once he has sufficiently recovered from his bout of influenza. Let me know, please.

This comes up...........

Chimp will not compile. pop.mqh cannot open file.

Yannis Chimp4 Mod

You will need this in your experts=>include folder in mt4

Brian

BlueWhale:
Chimp will not compile. pop.mqh cannot open file.
Files:
pop.mqh  1 kb

Adding the Chimp2_4TF...

Let us build on to the previous post, by adding the Chimp2_4TF thanks to my friend Gerhard again. What a blessing you are, my friend! I cannot thank you enough for being there for me and our collective efforts have made such a difference in our trading. Be blessed.

The Chimp4 (my renaming it) performed exceptionally, but what I like most about it, is the fact that it will give you ZLR signals when the CCi does not and they are deadly accurate.

Now look at the very last short (unmarked, but the last vertical-line to the right):

BOTH CCi-5 ; CCi-28 and the Chimp4 has signaled the entry perfectly.

I have now loaded the latest Yannis improved version of the Chimp (with Alerts) and also the Pop.mq4 indicator which is required for this indicator to function correctly. Once again my sincerest thanks to Yannis. (The Pop.mq4 has to be loaded into the "INCLUDE" file underneath the "INDICATORS" file)!! NB

Thanks GenerousFX...

Thanks GF for posting the correct indicator. I have also posted the Pop.mq4 in the Post where I had posted the Yannis improved version of the Chimp for convenience.

Thanks to BlueWhale for drawing our attention to the fact that the Pop.mq4 was not posted in the first place - my apologies.

Best wishes to you all.

Hi Valeo...

Hi Valeo, would you mind contacting

Yannis and asking him, would he please

just add one more feature to the great

chimp4 mod?

What I am hoping for is, where we can

enter maximum level for a cross, above threshold or

below threshold for crosses...

We already have threshold level, ie

0, and then if I select 2, cross must be

above 0 to be a valid long cross and below

0 for a valid short cross...

Can he add a limit level, if I enter 0 for the

first minimum threshold, I can enter for example

2 as the maximum threshold?

That would mean if I enter 0 as the minimum

threshold, as I can now.. then enter 2 as

the new maximum threshold level, the only valid

long crosses would be above 0 but at value

2 or below..so only between 0 and 2, above 2

and crosses below 0 would not be valid longs.

And exactly the same vice versa, a short cross would be valid from under 0 to 2, and any cross above 0 or from greater than -2 would not be valid.

I would find this extremely helpful in eliminating

the late cycle crosses. If he is feeling better

and can squeeze it in, I would love to see that

on our charts!

thank you for your consideration!

Brian

GF

Reason: