Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 96

This is regarding v2.04 of spectrometr.

Files:
gbpusdm15.png  59 kb

Pip:
Updated forecast

Given that we have a contradiction in direction between major and minor cycle, we may end up getting a chop instead of a move up.

I've been reading these posts for a couple of days -- thanks for your insights Pip (among others here). Question: by "major" and "minor" cycles, were you referring to periods ranked #1 and #2 by Cycle Strength in Goertzel? (with either DetrendSmoothData = TRUE or FALSE)

This is regarding post #652 on page 66.

Sorry for the back-to-back questions -- is it possible to extend the plot? (regarding v2.04 of spectrometr)

Files:
eurusdm15-1.png  74 kb

the plot thickens...

madopter:
Sorry for the back-to-back questions -- is it possible to extend the plot? (regarding v2.04 of spectrometr)

There is a 2.06 version which will do that. Search for it in the thread.

hughesfleming:
There is a 2.06 version which will do that. Search for it in the thread.

Ah, it shows up in "Advanced search" but not in the regular Google search of the site. Anyway, here is mladen's post with v2.07 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183798/page58

I'd like to find an indicator that you can plot cycle time lines with --

eg

you find that FFT shows a 12 bar average

so you'd anchor the indicator to say a recent H or L ( a date ) , then stretch the accordion type to plot vertical lines to fit a 12 bar spacing from that H or L

has anyone seen anything like this?

MiniMe:
Same chart on 30 Min .

On each dotted line is a possible turing point.

It took many hours to prepare, so I hope you enjoy watching

The same results can be achieved using the Spectrometr_Separate_Selective Cycle, you just need to shift back and forth the indicator by taking different starting points, and have a concept of what you are looking for " understand what a cycle is".

I can't be more clear than this

Hello MiniMe, by "shift back and forth" using "different starting points," I assume you mean select and isolate a particular cycle by setting to TRUE and then, use iStartFrom parameter -- however, this parameter doesn't seem do any horizontal shifts.

Questions:

1. is there a spectrometr version that allows for the individual cycles to be horizontally shifted?

2. if not, which PC software (MT4 friendly), would you recommend do be able to do such a thing?

Thanks.

P.S. this is regarding post #526 on page 53.

madopter:
Hello MiniMe, by "shift back and forth" using "different starting points," I assume you mean select and isolate a particular cycle by setting to TRUE and then, use iStartFrom parameter -- however, this parameter doesn't seem do any horizontal shifts.

Questions:

1. is there a spectrometr version that allows for the individual cycles to be horizontally shifted?

2. if not, which PC software (MT4 friendly), would you recommend do be able to do such a thing?

Thanks.

P.S. this is regarding post #526 on page 53.

madopter

Since you have access to Goertzel browser, why don't you use that?

Goertzel broser is producing values that are subset of Fourier transform values, but also it already has almost all the options that you are looking for

mladen:
madopter

Since you have access to Goertzel browser, why don't you use that?

Goertzel broser is producing values that are subset of Fourier transform values, but also it already has almost all the options that you are looking for

Good to know the Goertzel browser tool can already do this! Research time

Reason: