Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 8

Hi Project1972,

First of all, thank you for sharing this EA. Appreciate all the efforts you've put in to produce this EA.

I would like to know will the EA trade if "Insufficient money to safely trade this pair" shown on the chart?

Cheers

kgb0y:
Hi Project1972,

First of all, thank you for sharing this EA. Appreciate all the efforts you've put in to produce this EA.

I would like to know will the EA trade if "Insufficient money to safely trade this pair" shown on the chart?

Cheers

This is a friendly advice, the EA will trade it anyway, but the lot size is below the minimal lot x 4 because that, the trade will be closed in less partial profit than the 4 used by default, Example, if the Initial Lot size is 0.03 you will get 3 partial profit only.

Electra1.10 and Electra1.07

Project 1972,I saw Electra1.07 was changed to Electra1.10 in the first post.

Since I was forward testing Electra1.07 from the beginning till now with interbankfx 2000 deposit.The result is still negitive so far. Do I need to change to Electra1.10 for my testing? What different with this two and which one is better?Thank you very much

Files:
electra.gif  62 kb

nancy2006bj:
Project 1972,I saw Electra1.07 was changed to Electra1.10 in the first post. Since I was forward testing Electra1.07 from the beginning till now with interbankfx 2000 deposit.The result is still negitive so far. Do I need to change to Electra1.10 for my testing? What different with this two and which one is better?Thank you very much

I suggest to change to the last 1.11 version and restart your demo account with the requirement capital.

The risk used on 1.07 version is too high as I explained in the first post at that moment, a ranging market like this one, in the start time of the EA will drain the account before any profit is collected.

The version 1.11 will be the last version for now, I am busy working in another project and I don't have time to continue with testing improvements on Electra.

Project1972,

Thank you for sharing your great private EA.

Sorry for I am new to technical analysis, I observed that you set MA3Period=2.75 to determine H4 trend. Is it a bug or some logic behind to set MA period not a whole number ?

If it is not a bug, it would be greatful if you can give a brief explainlation or show me direction to learn more about MA.

Thanks in advance.

Nomura

adam777,

Sorry for using large size fonts in the previous post.

Thanks for your advise and I immediately read the linked article twice.

As I understand that it is very common to set whole number ( integer ) for MA period, such as MAPeriod1=14 and MAPeriod2=6 are set in the EA. I found that MAPeriod3=2.75 is set to determine H4 trend and I want to know the logic behind a fractional number ( number with decimal value ) is used for ma period.

As value of 60MA of 1 min may not same as value of 1MA of 60 min and value of 2.75MA of H4 may not same as value of 1MA of H11.

It would be grateful if you can give me more information.

Thanks in advance.

Nomura.

Nomura:
adam777,

Sorry for using large size fonts in the previous post.

Thanks for your advise and I immediately read the linked article twice.

As I understand that it is very common to set whole number ( integer ) for MA period, such as MAPeriod1=14 and MAPeriod2=6 are set in the EA. I found that MAPeriod3=2.75 is set to determine H4 trend and I want to know the logic behind a fractional number ( number with decimal value ) is used for ma period.

As value of 60MA of 1 min may not same as value of 1MA of 60 min and value of 2.75MA of H4 may not same as value of 1MA of H11.

It would be grateful if you can give me more information.

Thanks in advance.

Nomura.

Nomura, You are right, the H4 MA should have a int period 2 or 3, in reality this don't make difference in the performing of the EA.

The signal section of this EA come from a another Old Martingale EA and I am not the Author of that one, but I used his signal section because I notice that it traded only during calm or consolidation periods. and I wanted this on Electra.

project1972,

Thanks for your reply.

I can read simple coding only and it took me several days to go through your great EA.

As far as I understand, the EA triggers position with change in trend of H1 and H4 and closes the position with well designed partical profit taking logic.

I notice that a position may last for several weeks or even several months and once a position is in place, it would be closed by stoploss or profit taking or trailing stop only. But when there is a new signal triggering a position in opposite direction, the EA will not close the exising position and will ignore the latest signal. I think performance of the EA may be different by the starting time of EA application.

Please tell me if I mis-understand the EA. I am a stranger to EA and I think I shall learn much in this forum especially from you.

Have a good trading day !

Nomura

This looks interesting.

Lets have a play.

Why does this say,

"Insufficient money to trade this pair"??

Please do it in one sentence or less.

Reason: