Bless still alive after 7 years backtest!!!

TK already helped me to modified this EA,I tried on backtest,7 years tick test,account still alive,and increased.

TK make the trade can reach 7 level by using large SL=140 .but,sorry, that's not what I want.I want get rid of those low level trades by small SL.and still can get into next level until 7 level total.

please help me to make it.I pretty much sure it will be a hollygrail if modified according to my idea.

so please please have a look,and modify it.

luke

Not an easy task!

goodsignal:
TK already helped me to modified this EA,I tried on backtest,7 years tick test,account still alive,and increased.

TK make the trade can reach 7 level by using large SL=140 .but,sorry, that's not what I want.I want get rid of those low level trades by small SL.and still can get into next level until 7 level total.

please help me to make it.I pretty much sure it will be a hollygrail if modified according to my idea.

so please please have a look,and modify it.

luke

Goodsignal,

The Bless.FifthE.TK.2.0.2 EA relies on open orders to determine an arm level. If you close lower level orders before the EA advances to the next level, it then re-enters at level 1, instead of higher levels. It is a major change to make this happen, which requires a totally new approach.

Closing lower level trades when the EA approaches next level is a very easy change with the current version. In fact it is already there, just set SL to MinGS+1. But I guess this is not what you want.

Regards,

TK

tkforextsd:
Goodsignal,

The Bless.FifthE.TK.2.0.2 EA relies on open orders to determine an arm level. If you close lower level orders before the EA advances to the next level, it then re-enters at level 1, instead of higher levels. It is a major change to make this happen, which requires a totally new approach.

Closing lower level trades when the EA approaches next level is a very easy change with the current version. In fact it is already there, just set SL to MinGS+1. But I guess this is not what you want.

Regards,

TK

Hi,TK,

thanks for reply,yes set SL bigger than MINGS will trade till 7 level, but that's not very profitable.

for EURUSD I set MINGS>=25,but I want get rid of those lose level less than 15-20.that will help tha health of the account.

best regard

luke

goodsignal:
Hi,TK,

thanks for reply,yes set SL bigger than MINGS will trade till 7 level, but that's not very profitable.

for EURUSD I set MINGS>=25,but I want get rid of those lose level less than 15-20.that will help tha health of the account.

best regard

luke

Hi,TK,

I think I make a mistake when I did the backtest,I forgot to reset the expert properties. So ,can you do the back test one time and let me know if SL=MINGS+1 really work?

thanks a lot

luke

anybody can help me to make the trade untill 7 levels,even th SL not very big?please.

Goodsignal,

If you dont mind , could you post your set file you used to do the backtesting.

Thanks

yusof786:
Goodsignal,

Thanks

sorry,for late reply,I need work on weekend shift.maybe soon,I can quit

my setting is deposit>7,000. MINGS=25,TP=47,SL=>80first level lots=0.03.

anyway,this EA can survive 7 years backtest,and make around $30,000 to $45,000,depend on other small adjustable setting.But this still not what I want.I need the SL relatively low but still can get into next level.so the profit can be much better.

best wishes

luke

yusof786:
Goodsignal,

Thanks

forgot one word,"EURUSD" only.have fun!

Risk vs. Reward

goodsignal:
sorry,for late reply,I need work on weekend shift.maybe soon,I can quit

my setting is deposit>7,000. MINGS=25,TP=47,SL=>80first level lots=0.03.

anyway,this EA can survive 7 years backtest,and make around $30,000 to $45,000,depend on other small adjustable setting.But this still not what I want.I need the SL relatively low but still can get into next level.so the profit can be much better.

best wishes

luke

Hi Goodsignal,

I am also thinking in the lines of reducing the burden of losing positions as we climb higher levels. But the system is based on number theory of doubling the positionsize to makeup for losing positions, just waiting for one hit of wining move. By closing the lower level positions, they will not be contributing to your profit when that winning move occurs. So I am still looking for alternatives.. One idea is to make most of the position which has grown to levels 4 and above, by keeping them for longer when they move in the profitable direction. that is, increasing the TP to twice or more, because when the price streches to high level, and retraces, it has good chance of moving beyand one level in opposite direction, so let it move for 2 or 3 levels.

Another ides is, when we move beyond level 3, increase size of position that is in the direction of the move so that the losing position will be hedged to a little extent and profit increases.

Still working... Let me know what you think.

-Arun

-Arun

follow trend martingale.

hi,aviswana:

your first idea can work,and second one is hedge idea,but that make things complicated ,you need find a right time to come out of the hedging position,which relatively hard.

here is an idea I read from the other guy's post.which sound good to me. first level we put a buy and sell.once the lose one stop out,we already have a win one ,and we double the size and reverse the position to the lose one.

this is a follow trend martingale.

for example,we buy and sell at first level 0.1 lot,and price move up,we lost the sell one, we buy a double size 0.2 lot level 2,if we lost the level 2 we sell 0.4 lot level 3,and keep reverse and double until 7 level or more.if any of this level win ,we put a new level one in same direction.here important thing is find a right TP,SL,or maybe trailing SL .

try this idea by look at the chart,and you will find it can make money.

best wishes

luke

Two Is Better Than One

goodsignal:
hi,aviswana:

your first idea can work,and second one is hedge idea,but that make things complicated ,you need find a right time to come out of the hedging position,which relatively hard.

here is an idea I read from the other guy's post.which sound good to me. first level we put a buy and sell.once the lose one stop out,we already have a win one ,and we double the size and reverse the position to the lose one.

this is a follow trend martingale.

for example,we buy and sell at first level 0.1 lot,and price move up,we lost the sell one, we buy a double size 0.2 lot level 2,if we lost the level 2 we sell 0.4 lot level 3,and keep reverse and double until 7 level or more.if any of this level win ,we put a new level one in same direction.here important thing is find a right TP,SL,or maybe trailing SL .

try this idea by look at the chart,and you will find it can make money.

best wishes

luke

Sounds interesting. Also this approach may be suitable for trending market as well like USD/JPY. I also think that combination of Bless and this new approach, running parallally in two EAs would be better. I will code EA and try...

Thanks for the idea...

-Arun

Reason: