C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 37

VTAM, how are you doing?

I'm up 1% already, and I just love trading like this.

I just went long/short/long/short entries, alternating between long and short for the 10 pairs. 2 pairs went the wrong way so I closed them and re-entered the other way. Now everything is profitable.

I can see the hardest thing about trading this way is trying to decide when to add on to the winning positions. Not a bad decision to have to make.

Oh, and I have not looked at one chart, I just don't care about moving averages or bull-inger bands, or squiggly crossing lines or dots and arrows.

And I've already made 1% in one day? Awesome!

I ran some tests, and although they look good - you need a large account - so I would say hold off.

I rant a test - almost 2 years of data. Need a $1 mm account probably I would guess or a $100k to trade .01 lots or $10k to trade .001 lots.

I would guess it makes 6% per year safely at these settings per pair. Trade 5 pairs and you make 30% a year.

Here is the backtest results of USDJPY. Took friggin 4 hours to test 21 months!!!! Yikes.

This styles uses the 1 hour PSAR to flip rather than equity. This makes it goes with the trend quicker. Great results...... boring - and could get a little freaky at times. I started the test with $10 mm just to make sure I never ran into margin issues. I figure you could get by with $500k - $1mm - so figure 6-12% per pair per year.

Files:
timpsar.htm  783 kb
timpsar.gif  8 kb

EGADS, we need to get something that the average Joe can trade with a thousand bucks. Not many have 10MM!

vtam:
I ran some tests, and although they look good - you need a large account - so I would say hold off.

I rant a test - almost 2 years of data. Need a $1 mm account probably I would guess or a $100k to trade .01 lots or $10k to trade .001 lots.

I would guess it makes 6% per year safely at these settings per pair. Trade 5 pairs and you make 30% a year.

Here is the backtest results of USDJPY. Took friggin 4 hours to test 21 months!!!! Yikes.

This styles uses the 1 hour PSAR to flip rather than equity. This makes it goes with the trend quicker. Great results...... boring - and could get a little freaky at times. I started the test with $10 mm just to make sure I never ran into margin issues. I figure you could get by with $500k - $1mm - so figure 6-12% per pair per year.

Read what I said again.......

You don't need $10mm. I ran the test with that amount just so it would complete. I didn't want the test to have margin issues.

You can run it with .01 lots with $100k or .001 lots with $10k

Most people can find $10k to trade $100 lots and make $600 per year per pair.

Beats the stock market imo. Pretty nice equity curve wouldn't you say.

Great looking equity curve for sure. Could you run the test again, this time with 10K? Let's see what the drawdowns are.

vtam:
Read what I said again.......

You don't need $10mm. I ran the test with that amount just so it would complete. I didn't want the test to have margin issues.

You can run it with .01 lots with $100k or .001 lots with $10k

Most people can find $10k to trade $100 lots and make $600 per year per pair.

Beats the stock market imo. Pretty nice equity curve wouldn't you say.

On a $10k account..... you start with .001 lots instead of .10 lots

So DD and profit etc needs to be divided by 100.

I have to admit, I have a lot of trading ideas, but no programming skills. I hate paying a programmer to take 3 days to write an EA for me, only to find out the idea doesn't. Check out QuantumCharts, if you are in the same boat. They allow you to drag and drop what you see on a chart to test, and create a system to backtest the idea in minutes.

Move over MT4 and TradeStation......

Woot!

Update?

Hi all, its 2012, does anyone still use this method? i stopped in 2008, wonder if its still in play with the new updates in 2010.

Reason: