PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 189

Enforcer:
Saw it, I'll take a look in weekend.

Thanks buddy!

Enforcer:
Yes, can be handled by some EA by setting new TP, but TP once hit is no trailing beyond this, server close orders once TP or SL are hit. In Pipmaker is not function to trail hard TP, so can't say "is not working" about something that do not exist.

Enforcer

congratulations

pip maker 17.1 is the best EA i ever saw it

Thank You

anyone else having trouble with profit trailing? I have hit Profit Target several times and it ends up going into negative profit. Im running a 33% max retrace. Sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn't

for those of you using profit trailing this may be the fix

change

if(ProfitTrailing)

{

ProfitMode=0;

if(TotalProfit >=profit_target && TotalProfit <= (MaxProfit-(MaxProfit*MaxRetrace)/100))

{

CloseAllNOW=True;

ExitAllTradesNOW(Lime,"Max profit reached");

}

}

to

if(ProfitTrailing)

{

ProfitMode=0;

if(MaxProfit >=profit_target && TotalProfit <= (MaxProfit-(MaxProfit*MaxRetrace)/100))

{

CloseAllNOW=True;

ExitAllTradesNOW(Lime,"Max profit reached");

}

}

before it required the profit after retrace to be higher than profit target in order to close- this new coding sais that when your max profit has reached the profit target - then all trades close at your retracement level

hope it helps someone

Dear Enforcer and all of you

I have read this thread and I think it is very intelegence way to think on.

I want to ask you if mr. Enforcer or maybe mr. Jdsim1 can add some code lines to solve problems as a problem with the internet conection, broker's server problem or an electricity problem may cause to this nice expert.

According to what I know, the way to overcome these prob is by use the "GlobalVariable..." variables.

Thanke you all.

I have had no problems with the EA picking back up where it left off in the event of broker outage or connection issues. The ea will read trades associated with that magic number and continue as it was before any outage.

Personally I think the best thing to do if you are serious about running EA's is to get a good vps with solid uptime and then check it periodically throughout the day. It works for me.

The only thing I wish this ea did that it doesnt have now is email a report several times a day with balance - closed trades, open trades, equity etc. I have limited experience in changing code but I have a hard time implementing new code.

Maybe when enforcer gets some time he can help with this

pipmaker_17_1

ENFORCER please when you get time correct the bugs that are allowing the wrong lot size to be intered as well the inc lot are entered wrong. thanks for your work for us i love pipmaker. the need for 17 1 is the added inducators. thanks .......TEXAN

Improving the EA

jdsim1:
I have had no problems with the EA picking back up where it left off in the event of broker outage or connection issues. The ea will read trades associated with that magic number and continue as it was before any outage.

Personally I think the best thing to do if you are serious about running EA's is to get a good vps with solid uptime and then check it periodically throughout the day. It works for me.

The only thing I wish this ea did that it doesnt have now is email a report several times a day with balance - closed trades, open trades, equity etc. I have limited experience in changing code but I have a hard time implementing new code.

Maybe when enforcer gets some time he can help with this

Thanks, JDSIM1, but I wonder what will be as the computer or the electricity is shuting down for a while, and you have open orders, the EA has to recognize them as pieces of this EA, aspecially as ExclusiveMode = true; ..

I hope you understand me.

crossy:
Thanks, JDSIM1, but I wonder what will be as the computer or the electricity is shuting down for a while, and you have open orders, the EA has to recognize them as pieces of this EA, aspecially as ExclusiveMode = true; .. I hope you understand me.

i think i understand but if the computer is down for a while or electricity is off all you can do at that point is call your broker for your trades anyways.

when it does come back online the ea should pick up where it left off. The problem you may be referring to is the trades that were missed if you are down for a prolonged period of time...and really the only answer to that, that I know of...is well you cant do anything about it. I still think the best thing is the VPS. That takes most of the concern out of electrical and internet problems...if your broker server gos down then your screwed no matter how you look at it

its all a matter of how long you are down. If god forbid all 3 happened at the same time to me, im not sure how i would handle it other than maybe shutting everything down and manually scale out of trades

Help, please

I got the following massage:

"Pipmaker_V17_1: the comment parameter for OrderSend function must be a string"

Can someone tell me how to manage it?

Thankes..

Reason: