Modification of a custom indicator.

This indicator was posted on another group board. It's takes the ADX indicator and shows it as bars on the main chart that change colors when DI+ and DI- lines cross (screenshot posted). Very good idea, however it gives alot of fake-outs. So my idea is to make it so the bars change colors from light to dark depending on whether or not the ADX strength line crosses over a certain number that can be adjusted according to preference. In my case, over the 21 level.

Something like when ADX strength line is below preferred level, DI+ color would be forest green and DI- color would burgandy and when ADX strength line was above preferred level, DI+ color would be lime green and DI- color would be red.

IMHO, ADX indicator is good for faster time frames (1M to 30M) for all those scalpers and day-traders out there. Solid but not too lagging.

CHECK OUT SCREENSHOT AND IF SOMEBODY IS UP TO THE TASK, LET ME KNOW!!!

Peace,

F.F.L.

Files:
adxbars.mq4  4 kb
adx_bars.gif  42 kb

BUMP!!!

I know somebody knows about the potential of ADX.

I have a very simple strategy that can be used if somebody can code this ADX indicator to perform the aforemention function. I will post it shortly.

cja:
Try this out and see if it is what you want and let me know if you need anything else done to the indicator.

adx_candles.ex4

cja

Cja,

Thanks in advance for your rapid response to my request. I am very grateful for your efforts. I am away from my P.C. with MT4 on it and once I get back home and load indicator up, I'll let you know whether or not it was what I needed. I appreciate the effort and will let you know by days end.

Peace,

F_F_L

Modifying CCI

I have recently been trading using the Double CCI Wodies indicator as it seems to give good entry points when added to HAS bars, I have changed colours to suit and overlayed it on the HAS bar indicator, I also use an MACD.

To make this system even better it would be really good if someone could add an alert for when the gold bar is formed (indicator 4 in the program)

See the attached pic

Forgot the indicator and Pic! Duh!

Indicator and gif

DelBoy:
I have recently been trading using the Double CCI Wodies indicator as it seems to give good entry points when added to HAS bars, I have changed colours to suit and overlayed it on the HAS bar indicator, I also use an MACD.

To make this system even better it would be really good if someone could add an alert for when the gold bar is formed (indicator 4 in the program)

See the attached pic
Files:

forex_for_life:
I have a very simple strategy that can be used if somebody can code this ADX indicator to perform the aforemention function. I will post it shortly.

File to large to upload directly. Use link below to download it. Feedback welcomed and encouraged.

http://rapidshare.com/files/10455460/FX_Wizard.pdf.html

ADX Candles

forex_for_life:
This indicator was posted on another group board. It's takes the ADX indicator and shows it as bars on the main chart that change colors when DI+ and DI- lines cross (screenshot posted). Very good idea, however it gives alot of fake-outs. So my idea is to make it so the bars change colors from light to dark depending on whether or not the ADX strength line crosses over a certain number that can be adjusted according to preference. In my case, over the 21 level.

Something like when ADX strength line is below preferred level, DI+ color would be forest green and DI- color would burgandy and when ADX strength line was above preferred level, DI+ color would be lime green and DI- color would be red.

IMHO, ADX indicator is good for faster time frames (1M to 30M) for all those scalpers and day-traders out there. Solid but not too lagging.

CHECK OUT SCREENSHOT AND IF SOMEBODY IS UP TO THE TASK, LET ME KNOW!!!

Peace,

F.F.L.

Try this out and see if it is what you want and let me know if you need anything else done to the indicator.

adx_candles.ex4

adx_candles.mq4

cja

Files:

Petor

DelBoy:

See the attached pic

Thank You, very much, for this wonder Indicator, Senjor DelBoy! Thank You!

Reason: