Davidke20 VS yeoeleven - Friendly match - page 7

vtam:
Those who trust anything about the MT4 backtester usually haven't forward tested long enough to know that it does not work anything close to real life. And another thing - what target and pip step did you test? I can guarantee you that a 1 pip step would blow up immediately - yet a 500 pip steo would never blow up. Have you found the optimal risk parameters for the test you did before just randomly saying it doesn't work?

I have written and tested plenty of EAs that give results in backtest similar to live trading. Unless the entry/exit signal is indicator based and the EA opens/closes trades intrabar, there should not be a huge discrepancy.

I used your recommended settings for pipstep. The average daily range on EUR/USD is 80 pips. 80 pips x 2 is 160 divided by 6 (max trades number) is about 27. I used a 27 pip step in backtesting.

So I guess Yeo is buying the happy meal then?

Competition results

jbfx:
So I guess Yeo is buying the happy meal then?

Well after a comedy of errors I don't think so

davidke20:
Competition ended here. better prepare the happy meal to grandpa . LOL. The reason I'm lossing...I forgotton to change the limitation of trading date and time because we used to agree to end the match during end of the month. And I totally forgotton and letting it run by itself without closing the trades. LOL ...Too bad... edited: trade already escalated, but the security function is followed by the settings kicked out from the EA at the sametime.

Grandpa / yeoeleven / John

yeoeleven:
Well after a comedy of errors I don't think so Grandpa / yeoeleven / John

human mistake... anyway, I admit i'm lose. There is no turning back in forex trading, I cant tell the broker i dint change the trading date, so the robot fuck up my trades and ask for refund on that issue. Therefor, I'm still buying grandpa his happy meal.

Regards,

David

anyone

up for another friendly match. maybe a few EAs this time rather than 2 ?

piptits:
up for another friendly match. maybe a few EAs this time rather than 2 ?

i'm working on stochEA, no martingale, conservative, 4hr system. 31 trade/year. 90% accuracy. or? you want pyramid(anti martingale, stack on winners), or? you want 10point3? entirely up to you. but I'm a bit bored with martingale...

Stochastics Chaos

OK. Lets carry on competition. Rival is Grandpa, Wibitiens. Rules is simple, do the best not to intefere the trades until the account blow by the EA. Maintain for atleast 1 month. Structured EA can have internal time filter to isolate certain trading hours(I'm not using it). Trading competition title is Stochastics Chaos.

Limitation:

- Least human intervention(reboot, reset, lot size reset is allowed)

- Must have stochastics as indicator

- 1500 initial deposit(more reality)

- Leverage 1:100 ONLY

- Both lossers pay the prize for the winner

- Expected ending date is 6th June, 2007

Prize:

- Sweet corn + Ice cream

Lets sit back and relax, take it slow and let the good time roll:D

Regards

David

yeoeleven:

Have no fear the competition prize will be eagerly sought after and should I win it it will be claimed as a desert for the MacDonalds meal still to come from the earlier competition

John

Come on grandpa, I'll get the happy meal deliver when I take a vacation to pay you a visit.Have some of these => while we enjoying the competition:) Meanwhile, 4 trades opened still no trade close Setups listed at below

GBPUSD(H4)

EURUSD(H1)

USDJPY(H1)

USDCHF(H1)

USDCAD(H1)

Regards

David

Files:
stochcomp.htm  6 kb

davidke20:

Regards

David

... and ... here is mine!!! Running on 4 majors in M15 time frame. Not looking so good at the beginning

Anyway ... I am going to win that popcorn. Watch me

Regards,

wibi

Files:
Reason: