ZigZag Channels! - page 8

"""http://www.dropshots.com/dogtor_k#date/2009-04-05/09:30:00"""

Hi Bone. Thanks for your modified one. Is it repainting?

Hi Bone,

I just downloaded your modified Zigzag_autochannel indicator.

I just would like to know if this indicator repaints, or when it pick up the Top/Bottom, it is fixed?

Also, which timeframe is best to use Zigzag_autochannel indicator? and could you tell how to trade by using this indicator?

Thanks

James

One of the most useful indicators!=)

This indicator is definitely under-rated and I don't understand why people keep asking if it's repainting! This indicator simply draws trendlines for you automatically and of course trendlines are based on past candles and not the current ones. So it doesn't matter if the zigzag lines lag a bit or not.

I wonder if codersguru or anybody can add alert when the trendline is broken? It will be very helpful!

quick question

Do u have Indicator or any EA based on zigzag channel ?

Buy point is when price break previous high and vice versa.

This is the picture in Metastock.

thank you very much in advance.

Kem,

xard777:
I am using the fix version by bone (post 63) which appears to be working fine, I think the amended version by mikkom does not have specific delete instructions in the code for the newly drawn lines and that is why they are staying on screen. Xard777
mikkom:
... deinit deletes the lower two times, the other should be upper. Change the other "lower" to "upper"

yes, mikkom didn't changed the indi (ZigZag_AutoChannel.mq4 (6.4 KB) itself

Bone:
Hi there! I slightly fixed the code, in order to this indicator automaticaly redraw lines after new peak appeared.

You also can use modified version in your expert advisor, second buffer contains position of top line, and third buffer contains bottom line.

Sorry for bad English.

UPDATE: Sorry, threre are some things left from testing stage in this indicator, final version is here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175712/page5

If you redraw the lines on a new peak how do you see a breakout?

hi

sunnyjiap3:
This indicator is definitely under-rated and I don't understand why people keep asking if it's repainting! This indicator simply draws trendlines for you automatically and of course trendlines are based on past candles and not the current ones. So it doesn't matter if the zigzag lines lag a bit or not. I wonder if codersguru or anybody can add alert when the trendline is broken? It will be very helpful!

highlow zigzag is not repaint , it's not draw a line when the bar is on process

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Nonzigzag_V2 channel?

Hi everyone, Could someone code the Nonzigzag_v2 channel same as zigzag auto channel? I used to trade with nonzigzag_v2 breakout which was great tool to identify the trend break and continue.

Thank you for helping!

Hi. How to use the Zigzag_channel + Auto_Quadrant_lines?

Hi,

Could anybody explain me how to use the Auto_Quadrant_Lines which is attached with Zigzag_channel?

What are Q0, Q+1, Q+2, Q+3, etc ?

What is best timeframe to use this "Zigzag_channel +Auto_Quadrant_lines" ?

Hope to receive your further explanations on how to use Auto_Quadrant_lines soon.

Thanks and regards,

James

explaination require

chrislee073:
Hi everyone, Could someone code the Nonzigzag_v2 channel same as zigzag auto channel? I used to trade with nonzigzag_v2 breakout which was great tool to identify the trend break and continue. Thank you for helping!

Explain your strategy in picture if possible

Reason: