XP Moving Average! - page 35

bubble:
Hi mas0n,

i wanted the xpma to place the arrow on the on top of the bar that changes direction so the arrow would be place at the opening of the next bar .

At the moment it seems sometimes put them in the right place and others it does not.

the one you posted is not correct but thanks .

bubble

in that case, you may want to change Step_Period into 1 or smaller numbers, colors and arrows will be more responsive.

mas0n,

It works beautifully, thank you very much.

I realised that the arrows would still show up as time went on in the future, they just didnt show up when looking at charts of the past.

Once again great effort and thanks.

CitiFX

mas0n:
I hope codersguru don't mind, I really like his work. let me know if it doesn't work.

Thanks!

I'm so happy that this project is still alive I'm so busy these days with some of family issues and promise to resume updating the xp moving average project.

Thank you all for your support!

xpMa with shift function

hi!

i really like the xpMA but i would like to project it forward. so i was wondering if some one can add a shift function to input the xpMa n number of bars forward like we have in the standart MA in MT4.

thanks in advance!

Alert info. is out of sync.

First, I want to say a hearty "Thanks" to all the contributors to this thread. The goal of simplifying manual trading should be of primary importance in any trader's quest for the "advantage". The developers (and especially Coders Guru) have quietly put together such an "advantage" in this trend following system. Manually trading this indicator / system, applied to the upper time frames, catches the larger portions of trending moves in a very attractive manner (but is not useful in sideways movements). My bread and butter is manually trading with a similar style system but this is a sweet, all-in-one indicator for trends (and a few other applications). Autotrading this method still needs some development but it looks very promising. You guys are right on!

I spent six hours observing the signals and the corresponding arrows and text in the alert box (virtually candle by candle on the 1 and 5 min charts x 2 currencies) and noticed that there are some minor inaccuracies with the signals and text. I also observed some rare occurrances of inaccurate placement of the arrows:

1. When a new arrow is displayed on the chart the type of signal displayed in the Alert window (Down Signal or Up Signal) corresponds only about 50 % of the time to the proper placement of the arrow. The arrow and MA line will show Down but the text in the Alert window will display "Up Signal" and vice-versa 50% of the time (and I can't decipher a pattern as about 50% are correct). When I first noticed it I switched the text in the code and received a few correct signals. But shortly thereafter the opposite was true. Has anyone else noticed this and if so, did you attempt to observe and fix this?

2. At times, an audible alert sounded but no arrow was displayed and the Alert Box did not pop up.

3. At times there was a double placement of arrows which almost overlap, where two arrows were so close it formed a double arrow, like an arrow with a shadow. Also, there were a few times that there were two same direction arrows displayed directly next to each other on consecutive candles.

Has anyone else had the same experience and if so, were you able to resolve.

Again, these are fairly minor issues in light of the good manner in which it performs.

I'll give up the sexiness for the performance any day!!

Cheers

xpMA

dear Codesguru,

i just started using your xpMA indicator n i must say its my favourite indicator so far! ive made 400 US in less than 3 hours. Just playing big lots wit small pips. Your indicator really helps me confirm if the market is moving my way. Thanks a lot for your indicator!

brilliant man and his brilliant indicator *salutes to codesguru*

I find that I am enoying it to, especially on the longer time frames.

Can you share how exactly you use this indicator?

Thank you.

amirwol:
dear Codesguru,

i just started using your xpMA indicator n i must say its my favourite indicator so far! ive made 400 US in less than 3 hours. Just playing big lots wit small pips. Your indicator really helps me confirm if the market is moving my way. Thanks a lot for your indicator!

brilliant man and his brilliant indicator *salutes to codesguru*

??

hi..

I am curious, so far i have been following this thread...however i notice no one mention their BEST xpMA settings...can anyone post your settings in this thread to share with us ?

Many thanks....

Judy

Is it possible to get this to send me an email when there is a signal?

Reason: