EAs as part of portfolio set - page 4

Please find updated statements for all the portfolio sets.

Files:

All statements were updated.

Files:

Statements for all portfolio were updated.

Just to inform that I am testing portfolio sets posted on the first post of this thread (EAs, settings, monthly results) https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Files:

newdigital:
Statements for all portfolio were updated. Just to inform that I am testing portfolio sets posted on the first post of this thread (EAs, settings, monthly results) https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

I feel that this week will be very good for almost all postfolio EAs. See the images attached.

Files:
sbs.gif  44 kb
tpe.gif  37 kb

newdigital:
Statements for all portfolio were updated. Just to inform that I am testing portfolio sets posted on the first post of this thread (EAs, settings, monthly results) https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Please find updated statements for all portfolio sets.

And I updated portfolio monthly rsults on the post #1.

Edited: statements were updated (by 20th of january 2007).

newdigital:

Statements updated.

Files:

Statements were updated.

Files:

Risk managed portfolio

Hi all,

I have just done some analysis of the systems that have been tested over time here, and reviewed those that have the best risk management as demonstrated by potential drawdown vs gains over the time that they have been live traded. Three systems stand out from this group and appear to be very well suited to being traded as a portfolio:

MA Channel - USD/CHF only

Daytrading 3tf - EUR/USD only

Step EAs - Step MA Expert v 1.45 - GBP/USD only

Given the extraordinary win vs loss record of Daytrading 3tf, I would trade it with a weighting of 5 times the value per pip of the other 2 systems.

Here are the combined weekly pips for all 3 systems run at once for the 36 weeks that they have all been operational (with 5 x pip count for Daytrading 3tf)

Week Weeks with all systems traded concurrently

Pips

0 0

1 462

2 275

3 0

4 300

5 0

6 715

7 0

8 -49

9 7

10 421

11 41

12 272

13 408

14 -156

15 -4

16 -177

17 88

18 59

19 97

20 -100

21 419

22 162

23 90

24 312

25 -87

26 3

27 270

28 341

29 -93

30 60

31 21

32 24

33 146

34 78

35 -180

36 176

Total 4401 pips

An average of 122 pips per week

If traded at $5 per weighted pip (without increasing as the account value increases) on a 10k account this would result in a total gain of $22,005 in a year with max drawdown at the end of any week at -$900, and a max total drawdown from consecutive weekly losses of -$1685.

Really not bad at all....now I just have to wade through all the info on this forum to extract these systems, and get the correct setup for only these pairs. I imagine that could take a while.

I'd be interested to hear of anyone else's experiences with these systems.

Cheers,

Matt

Good evaluation. Thanks.

But there is some ... limitation let's say.

MA Channel is doing good for Alpari rus, North Finence and Fibo Group broker witgh default settings (USD/CHF). It is necessary to change the settings to use it with IBFX for example.

Daytrading 3tf. The same with MA Channel. Because the data of NF, Alpari rus and Fibo Group broker are too different from IBFX.

Step MA Expert v 1.45. The same thing. This EA is very sensitive with broker's data.

Thus, it is necessary to correct the settings of those EAs to use it with particular broker. Little correction may be fine.

Just my experiance.

Brokers

Thanks for your feedback New Digital, much appreciated.

To further complicate matters, my broker is ODL Securities. I may try to get the systems operating on their data, and forward test in a demo account for a while before deciding if it is tracking similarly for results with your own testing.

Could you please advise me the variable parameter settings used in each of the forward tested systems so that I can duplicate them as a starting point.

Thanks,

Matt

Reason: