Great EA in backtest! - page 113

aegis:
Why do people waste their time with this EA? It's not going to work on a live account. You won't get those kind of fills.

pardon me, but 70-80% wins on my live real money forward tests that go right along with my back tests.

I am just playing with other EA's now so I can run more than 1 kind of EA on my account.

Argorn is simply trying to get 80-90% wins with CT. I belive its possible. The foundation is there. One day he'll find that certian something that will do it.

Keep up the great work Argorn. I am still here in the background cheering you on

Dave

Aaragorn:
Lack of something better?

Personally I'm here to learn, I'm getting lots of coding experience and practice. If the goal is to learn then there is alot of value for me. However if you have a better EA for me to 'waste my time on'....i'm all ears.

btw feel free to solve this coding problem if you can.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174700/page75

OrderClose(OrderTicket(), OrderLots(), MODE_ASK , SlipPage, Violet);

Should be

OrderClose(OrderTicket(), OrderLots(), Ask, SlipPage, Violet);

Should be a price in there, not MODE_ASK. You must be getting a error message somewhere in the journal saying the close failed, but it's probably buried in lots of output.

Aaragorn,

PMed you in regards your newest project.

AZBOfin

hai guys..im new biz here..

[hai guys..im new biz here..lokking forward to have a lesson from you guys..

xxDavidxSxx:
pardon me, but 70-80% wins on my live real money forward tests that go right along with my back tests.

I am just playing with other EA's now so I can run more than 1 kind of EA on my account.

Argorn is simply trying to get 80-90% wins with CT. I belive its possible. The foundation is there. One day he'll find that certian something that will do it.

Keep up the great work Argorn. I am still here in the background cheering you on

Dave

Are you still running 185g Dave ?

I'm firing it back up tonight, IBFX orders have been much smoother since the upgrade this past week and one of the things that was killing my results was failed orders, as far as other EA's I'm doing the same as you along side my daily trading, right now its Phoenix thats looking to be a lot of fun.

DudeWorks:
Are you still running 185g Dave ? I'm firing it back up tonight, IBFX orders have been much smoother since the upgrade this past week and one of the things that was killing my results was failed orders, as far as other EA's I'm doing the same as you along side my daily trading, right now its Phoenix thats looking to be a lot of fun.

Dudeworks - I was also thinking of giving CT a spin with a small live IBFX account of mine. However, I was under the impression from reading the threads here that IBFX prohibits using scalpers like CT and would most likely suspend your account or worse - not payout on any profits. Have I misunderstood IBFX's policy? Can you live trade with CT on an IBFX account? Thx.

bluto:
Dudeworks - I was also thinking of giving CT a spin with a small live IBFX account of mine. However, I was under the impression from reading the threads here that IBFX prohibits using scalpers like CT and would most likely suspend your account or worse - not payout on any profits. Have I misunderstood IBFX's policy? Can you live trade with CT on an IBFX account? Thx.

IBFX has not banned it for use, even then this EA does not scalp like some tend to believe, I scalp faster manually than this EA has done live by far.

I used CT for just over a month on them.. no probs except bad fills etc... but no banning..

I did bash IBFX a little a while back.. I was getting very bad orders results etc...

IBFX just had really slow thru-put on thier order process, lots of requots or hangs or very slow processing time... this happened just as much trading manually. I've noticed significant improvement in last couple days and I trade a lot.

I believe IBFX wants your EA business... Also realize IBFX is a young company and so is the MT4 platform and they are working to improve ( i hope ), they are not the only ones that ppl have complained about, I havent seen one broker that someone hasnt made one complaint or another....

I did read that they put a limit on how many open orders you can have at any given time and that is 500. 500 orders not lots... apparently they had a problem with a small group of traders having more than 500 orders open at a time... i cant imagine how or why you'd do that but I guess it was being done and it was killing thier servers because these systems were opening and closing 1000's of orders in short times such as scalps..

DudeWorks:
IBFX has not banned it for use, even then this EA does not scalp like some tend to believe, I scalp faster manually than this EA has done live by far.

I used CT for just over a month on them.. no probs except bad fills etc... but no banning..

I did bash IBFX a little a while back.. I was getting very bad orders results etc...

IBFX just had really slow thru-put on thier order process, lots of requots or hangs or very slow processing time... this happened just as much trading manually. I've noticed significant improvement in last couple days and I trade a lot.

I believe IBFX wants your EA business... Also realize IBFX is a young company and so is the MT4 platform and they are working to improve ( i hope ), they are not the only ones that ppl have complained about, I havent seen one broker that someone hasnt made one complaint or another....

I did read that they put a limit on how many open orders you can have at any given time and that is 500. 500 orders not lots... apparently they had a problem with a small group of traders having more than 500 orders open at a time... i cant imagine how or why you'd do that but I guess it was being done and it was killing thier servers because these systems were opening and closing 1000's of orders in short times such as scalps..

Outstanding! Thanks for the explanation.

DudeWorks:
also heres a file write sample, its right out of the MT editor...

This will allow ya to log to a csv file, modify for your output you wish.

int handle;

datetime orderOpen=OrderOpenTime();

handle=FileOpen("c:\cyberia_log.csv", FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE, ';');

if(handle>0)

{

FileWrite(handle, Close[0], Open[0], High[0], Low[0], TimeToStr(orderOpen));

FileClose(handle);

}

I'm on IBFX live, I can forward test live for ya on micro lots. However i have other live trades on the account so I'd have to strip out the CT results seperately.

PM me for email address

Allow me to clarify what I am intending to do with this.

My effort is to gather profiling data on CT winning trades and CT losing trades. It's not a forward test venture quite yet.

Both AZBOfin and islandhome have volunteered to assist me in gathering the data. The need for this assistance will not exist if I an make the file write function work. I havn't done that before, what I have done up to this point is to run the backtester and copy and paste the data from about 7 -12 trades at a time which is all the journal will hold. That is because I'm printing out so many lines of data for each trade.

Because I respect everyone's time I don't want to actually ask people to go do this data gathering if I can make the filewrite funciton work.

I do appreciate the moral support and encouragement of the group. If indeed I can't get the filewrite to work then I will need data gatherers to help do the test/copy/paste thing which would overwhelm me alone to get much data.

Since I'm doing this pure research I'm thinking that I might as well gather the data on several indicators as well. I really don't know what might be the thing or combination of things that will actually identify and differentiate winners from losers in the end.

I'm thinking of testing the bears and bulls powers indicator, the cci, the 3 values of the adx, the macd and stochastic, the rsi, and a narrow moving average envelope. If there are other indicators which might be evaluated too let me know what you think I should test along with these others.

I am going to reward those who'se email I now have and have volunteered to assist me forward test with the opportunity to evaluate something I've been working on related to this CT, not entirely free, I want them to share 1/3 of the net gains they make from it with me. (assuming it works and since that's 2/3's more than they would make without it) but it will be interesting to see how it goes. It's sporting a 4.13 profit factor @ 11.31% relative drawdown. If it works anything like it tests I (and they) should do very well.

I'll code it for ya, give me til tonight, tell me what else you want to dump

Reason: