Coding help - page 481

mladen:
vegadigitalco Wuld you mind explaining exactly what is the issue?

Thanks Mladen for reply Almost done but some little problem not getting clear

I Cant get previous close of symbol & not changing color according RSI

how to add extern input of symbol?

mq4 code Attached

vegadigitalco:
Thanks Mladen for reply Almost done but some little problem not getting clear

I Cant get previous close of symbol & not changing color according RSI

how to add extern input of symbol?

mq4 code Attached

Just a quick response on symbols : since you are trying to use multiple symbols, you can use something similar to multi pair indicators way of enetering symbols list (check this one fore example : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178416/page11 )

The rest I need to check

Mladen,

Can you help me with the attached indicators? The .exe files work fine. When trying to make any small change and compile the mq4 files I get a number of errors. Attached is an image of what I am referring to.

Thanks Mladen for view n reply,

This is another thing nothing but simple info,

it will only change Symbol n Quote color according rsi trend

benefit is, we can chose particular symbol for trade, from multi script.

otherwise we have to drag n drop every symbol on chart.

Regards

mladen:
Just a quick response on symbols : since you are trying to use multiple symbols, you can use something similar to multi pair indicators way of enetering symbols list (check this one fore example : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178416/page11 ) The rest I need to check

vegadigitalco:
Thanks Mladen for view n reply,

This is another thing nothing but simple info,

it will only change Symbol n Quote color according rsi trend

benefit is, we can chose particular symbol for trade, from multi script.

otherwise we have to drag n drop every symbol on chart.

Regards

vegadigitalco

Check it out now (the colors are displayed now) : ohcl_symbol_info_1.mq4

Files:

thanks Mladen for quick response ,

changed color but live quote is freezed, and not getting Previous day Closed of symbol

Regards

mladen:
vegadigitalco Check it out now (the colors are displayed now) : ohcl_symbol_info_1.mq4

vegadigitalco:
thanks Mladen for quick response ,

changed color but live quote is freezed, and not getting Previous day Closed of symbol

Regards

I did not see any code that is trying to get previous day close of some symbol in that code

To do that, do the following :

double previousDayClose = iClose(symbol,PERIOD_D1,1);

and then use it for the value you want to display (market info function display only the current value of any symbol)

mladen:
hello my friend would you mind explaining how will it help the members of forum in their everyday trading?

I've never seen you ask that question of a member before, seems odd but here is the answer...... many traders don't take enough time to really understand the nature of price movement in the pairs they are trading. If you know what the tendencies are of typical price history you can then use this information to help with placement of stops, take profit points, or use the information as a filter of sorts for various EA's, money management profiles ect. This indy that I ask for is a simple tool to be used for that purpose.

I am a paid member of the Advanced Elite forum and have watched you create things for many forum members which is why I made the request. If you look back at the posts you'll see that I have asked politely several times about it and each time understanding that you are working with numerous traders at the same time so I wait for a response. You have answered many other requests from other traders, sometimes the same day or a day or two later. It naturally made me wonder why I would not get a response, and I believe it would be natural for many to be curious as to why if they were in the same situation. That's why I asked if there was something else I needed to do to get some feedback. I do hope this better explains my position and confusion. Have never made a negative post - nor have I in any way been disruptive. Please explain what I may be doing wrong or incorrectly in my posted request. Thanks as always for your time and efforts.

pipmagnet:
I've never seen you ask that question of a member before, seems odd but here is the answer...... many traders don't take enough time to really understand the nature of price movement in the pairs they are trading. If you know what the tendencies are of typical price history you can then use this information to help with placement of stops, take profit points, or use the information as a filter of sorts for various EA's, money management profiles ect. This indy that I ask for is a simple tool to be used for that purpose. I am a paid member of the Advanced Elite forum and have watched you create things for many forum members which is why I made the request. If you look back at the posts you'll see that I have asked politely several times about it and each time understanding that you are working with numerous traders at the same time so I wait for a response. You have answered many other requests from other traders, sometimes the same day or a day or two later. It naturally made me wonder why I would not get a response, and I believe it would be natural for many to be curious as to why if they were in the same situation. That's why I asked if there was something else I needed to do to get some feedback. I do hope this better explains my position and confusion. Have never made a negative post - nor have I in any way been disruptive. Please explain what I may be doing wrong or incorrectly in my posted request. Thanks as always for your time and efforts.
Just one question : since zigzag in new metatrader 4 is more or less messed up (it does not allow InpBackstep>=InpDepth) which zigzag are you using (so that it can be linked to the indicator calculating average leg )

In case that you use standard zigzag, here is this :

average_zigzag_leg.mq4

zigzag_original.mq4

You need both indicators in order wo work (this zigzag does not have that limitation that the new version of zigzag has). Try it out. I guess that there are enough options, but please check it. Also, it calculates the average leg/swing size to 2 decimals (showing values as pips)

Reason: