What Really Works From One Professional - page 77

Just Pip'in !!

JD,

If you are reading the thread, does the V ever happen BEFORE London opening????

cheers

Preface: I'll start a new thread dealing with the subject of this post, but I'm posting this here because a couple of people recently mentioned that it was hard to find today's V. Not trying to hijack anybody's thread.

In a recent post in this thread I talked about an Asian breakout idea that you would trade during the London open. It's in this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174180/page48

Anyway, here's a pic of the last two days (more days are shown in the above post) and there was no problem getting into a good trade.

Summary: Breakout of the Asian range (gold on the chart) to be taken only after 8:00 GMT (blue on the chart). My charts show 10:00, but that is because Metaquotes is +2. You'll need a decent stop and you need to give the trade some breathing room (as mentioned in the above post). Visual inspection looks pretty good for the last couple of years.

Ok, done. I'll start a new thread on this idea later tonight or tomorrow.

Keris

Files:

mart-hart:
Maybe a 14 CCI on a 15 min chart would help V spotters

Todays cable start of London.

Mart Hart.....thanks for the pix. with this can you tell me where do you enter long..It would help a great deal if you can point it for me...thanks

london or frankfurt?

did i miss something. if the theory is the cable is not traded by the japanese and therefore pressure builds up overnight leading to a shakeout and a strong move do we start watching this strategy from the european or london open?

last night i was watching from the frankfurt open put in a buy 1.8211 after what i perceived as the first two moves.

pikachom on your chart your buy was after both news events yes? which caused the major up/ down before the major swing up but that was a couple hours after the london open.

clarify please

Technically Yes

pikachucom:
JD,

If you are reading the thread, does the V ever happen BEFORE London opening????

cheers

There was a PDF a few pages back that included a strategy explaining the first part of the V usually occurs during the Frankfurt session... so the answer to your question is yes, in this thread, in that PDF.

thats what i thought

from the pdf but is that actually the same strategy as senor denvers?

yes i it looks like hidden v pattern today.

maybe it will unfold at 8:30 usa time

Apart from trading the "v", As we all know JD trades during the whole day aswell.. Anyone have any ideas on how the news releases and economic data release would help in catching the bigger moves of the day?

Question for JD, What news release do you look out for ? any tips on how to effectively take it into consideration while trying to trade the waves? Do you get in way before the news times? If so how do you know the news wont play in the wrong direction?

Im not really well educated on fundementals and im gonna start learning i think..

Just something for some to ponder over i guess...

Kaboom

superman:
Apart from trading the "v", As we all know JD trades during the whole day aswell.. Anyone have any ideas on how the news releases and economic data release would help in catching the bigger moves of the day?

Question for JD, What news release do you look out for ? any tips on how to effectively take it into consideration while trying to trade the waves? Do you get in way before the news times? If so how do you know the news wont play in the wrong direction?

Im not really well educated on fundementals and im gonna start learning i think..

Just something for some to ponder over i guess...

Hi, most news is priced into the market, traders will take positions before in anticipation, usually an hour..You can do the same or trade it when it settles down after the anouncement....It will spike, usually it will spike back, settle a bit then continue in the said direction...I've posted todays chart so you can look..there are tell tale signs before, today the they anticipated a rise, so it kicked low to find orders.....

Files:
july...gif  50 kb
Reason: