What Really Works From One Professional - page 50

Super,

open metatrader...go to: tools > options > server > make sure you put a check mark next to Enable DDE server

hey bill,

Ive tried that boss... I just left my computer on and all the programs running while watching the germany/argentina game and the chart has managed to form one whole bar while i was gone lol...

I think it must be a problem with the Elwave software...must have a bug or something?

bill3002:
Super, open metatrader...go to: tools > options > server > make sure you put a check mark next to Enable DDE server

superman:
Could it be to do with the fact that my mt4 is a demo version and theres not enough history in the ascii file?

go to this site, it will automatically pop up a box for you to save the stored data:

http://databank.alpari.org/h_mt/M1_GBPUSD.zip

Once you have it, open start/my computer/program files/MT4 (or whatever your broker is)/history/live account

Once your live or demo account folder is open you will want to rename the new M1 data file to the exact name as the one in the folder.

Then simple click and drag the new file over the existing one and close the box. Restart your Mt4 platform and then go into the history files and make sure you double click the M1 to update that new data...

then you can save for the Elwave

done

Thanks for that pikachucom. Its still not building the chart. I think its a problem with the Elwave...Its version 7.0..I think SD uses 7.1 from the chart shots i can see.

Thanks for all your efforts. Im gonna try and get the update.

Cheers!

pikachucom:
go to this site, it will automatically pop up a box for you to save the stored data:

http://databank.alpari.org/h_mt/M1_GBPUSD.zip

Once you have it, open start/my computer/program files/MT4 (or whatever your broker is)/history/live account

Once your live or demo account folder is open you will want to rename the new M1 data file to the exact name as the one in the folder.

Then simple click and drag the new file over the existing one and close the box. Restart your Mt4 platform and then go into the history files and make sure you double click the M1 to update that new data...

then you can save for the Elwave

done

superman:
hmm...possibly...but its exporting the data just fine. The price is showing up on the price charts title bar but its not bringing up the chart. I think its definately The software.

If it is InterbankFX, they are down right now due to Metaquotes....

they sent out an email about the outage....

I guess you will have to try come sunday night or monday

thanks

Super,

One more thing to look at....

in realtime data fields it goes MT4 then BID then GBPUSD (all caps)

since your using interbank mini demo maybe you have to use the following

GBPUSDm

superman:
hey bill,

Ive tried that boss... I just left my computer on and all the programs running while watching the germany/argentina game and the chart has managed to form one whole bar while i was gone lol...

I think it must be a problem with the Elwave software...must have a bug or something?

Strings the same

bill3002:
Super,

One more thing to look at....

in realtime data fields it goes MT4 then BID then GBPUSD (all caps)

since your using interbank mini demo maybe you have to use the following

GBPUSDm

Hi, the string for any MT4 platform will always be the same.......just try and uninstall then reinstall.....Have a good weekend.....

Yeah when i try GBPUSd it does not find the file. So i treid GBPUSDm and it worked half way. Im gonna try uninstalling and reinstalling on sunday to see if it that works.

Meanwhile..A whole 250 odd pages of elliott wave to read about

Reason: