Backtesting/Optimization - page 76

Backtesting

Whats the best way to keep track of backtesting results? I'm sure most people use excel, but the amount of spread sheets can become overwhelming at times.

I know there is no right answer, but I was just wondering if you guys could share what has worked for you.

Thanks

Save Detailed Reports

mugged:
Whats the best way to keep track of backtesting results? I'm sure most people use excel, but the amount of spread sheets can become overwhelming at times.

I know there is no right answer, but I was just wondering if you guys could share what has worked for you.

Thanks

Hi Mugged,

The Strategy Tester can save Detailed Reports in HTML format (for your browser), including the graph and all the trades.

From your browser, just save them to your file folder for later use.

You can also copy/paste the trades to Excel later if/when you need to.

Hope this helps,

Robert

* Most brokers support ST reports...but some may not - FXDD just stopped providing support for their Demo accounts...a bit inconvenient to say the least!)

Autoload template & indicators [Strategy tester]

Hello, im working on my EA in MT4.

I have default.tpl as default template with indicators and all options.

When I did test on Strategy tester, I need to load template, because when I click "Open chart" after it finish, it is black screen with arrows. Now indicators.

Can you help me how to aply indicators or templates to Strategy Tester EA ?

history data for meta trade 4

Hello to everyone were can i find or buy history data (tic by tic ) for eur/usd on meta trade 4 ?

it looks only at OHLC

lomme:
hi all,

i am new to this forum and would like to start with some questions regarding backtesting im MT.

i read on the net, that the backtest results of MT cannot be relied on.

can anyone really confirm this?

is there a serious bug in MT?

i can imagine, that the reason for this is in most cases only bad system programming.

how about the bar handling in MT?

lets say we look at daily bars.

does strategy tester only look at OHLC?

or does it look at every single tick internally?

this fact is important to know.

behaviour will differ in these 2 scenarios, if we have 2 or more signals on the same daily bar.

thanks.

download data frmo mt4

hi, everyone,

I want to download the close price of each tick in 5 mins chart for one particular day.

Is there some indicator has similar function ?

thanks

Pedestrian

pedestrian:
hi, everyone,

I want to download the close price of each tick in 5 mins chart for one particular day.

Is there some indicator has similar function ?

thanks

Pedestrian

This article about MT4 tick data by Birt would help:

MT4 Tick data | Birt's EA review

kolier:
This article about MT4 tick data by Birt would help: MT4 Tick data | Birt's EA review

it seems very difficult to get the data into csv.

how to open the hst file and convert to MS office

hi, everybody,

I knew this is a old question that some of yours ask for help in opening the hst file.

If you know how to open it and save it into MS office file, pls reply

thanks

Pedestrian

Newbie alert: Backtesting with ticks, not candles

Dear all,

This is my first contribution here because I'm a beginner, so please excuse me if this question is simply silly. I want to make some backtests on MT4 but I don't know if this platform takes into account ticks instead of candles. I'm trying a strategy in which what happens within 1 minute candle is fundamental. This means that backtesting by pips will be more accurate than by candles. Is this possible? If so, could someone please tell me how?

Thank you very much in advance.

Reason: