Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 435

mladen:
dadiks

You can not calculate multi time frame RSI the way that indicator calculates stochastic (stochastic too is an approximation, but a closer approximation than an RSI would be). See the comparison if one would calculate it the way how that stochastic is calculated : upper is a 1 hour stochastic and lower is what it would look like with that method applied at 15 minute chart. Marked with red lines only one example of different than it should be value, but all the values on a 15 minute chart are simply wrong and will deviate even more when the time frames differ more

1 hour chart :

15 minute chart

Hmmmm, ok.And what is your opinion indicator can be so constructed, that would be great MTF signals without jumping to the following algorithm, maybe WPR possible?

dadiks

That way of calculating "other time frame" was used long time ago (some 40 years ago for example dr Alexander Elder used it in some cases) when people did not use computers for charting but were using paper and pen. Some can be approximated that way (like some moving averages, stochastic, ...) but those are few

As of WPR : set the stochastic slowing to 1, price to high/low, subtract 100 from it and you have a WPR: here is a comparison : upper is stochastic lower is WPR. Even Larry Williams (that claims that he invented WPR) uses stochastic indicator on some of his training videos (and calls it WPR )

dadiks:
Hmmmm, ok.And what is your opinion indicator can be so constructed, that would be great MTF signals without jumping to the following algorithm, maybe WPR possible?
Files:
sto_wpr.gif  46 kb

mladen:
dadiks

That way of calculating "other time frame" was used long time ago (some 40 years ago for example dr Alexander Elder used it in some cases) when people did not use computers for charting but were using paper and pen. Some can be approximated that way (like some moving averages, stochastic, ...) but those are few

As of WPR : set the stochastic slowing to 1, price to high/low, subtract 100 from it and you have a WPR: here is a comparison : upper is stochastic lower is WPR. Even Larry Williams (that claims that he invented WPR) uses stochastic indicator on some of his training videos (and calls it WPR )

Got it. Big Thanks for the explanation!

mladen:
Here you go

There might be some value difference (at one line the calculation limit was set like this :

for (int i = ArraySize(StdDevLine)-1; i >0; i-- )
(the i>0) which skips current bar calculation. The rest should be OK (even though I did not check the rest of the code - I just slightly went through the start() procedure) - objects are drawn at correct places and alerts should work OK(since both are managed by the target time frame, not the chart time frame ). You will need to test it a bit more when market opens

Is there any coding error in side this indicator (added mtf by you, coded/posted by someone) ?

By default parameter it doesn't repaint but when change the inputs as per below it does repaint !!!

Inputs : AveragingPeriod 123, StdDevPeriod 6, ATRPeriod 4, LongPeriod 15, rest is same (w/o mtf using)

btw, above inputs gives atleast nice visualization

any help would be appreciated

Files:

mladen:
As far as I see it will always repaint (first of all there is not enough buffers to make it a non repainting color line, second, it does not clear the objects for crosses properly, and all in all a rather untidy written code so no wonder that there are errors in it) Attaching just an updated one (what I found regarding mtf - extern variables were burred at unexpected place - check the code and you will see) and will check more, but as far as multi color line, with that number of colors and the limitation to 8 drawing buffers metatrader 4 has, there is no hope that it will become non repainting ever

...so this indicator is actually built for 'repainting' !

If (... ) ) removing some unnecessary stuffs ( color,alerts,tradeline ) is it possible to make it 'more useful' using basic math of this indicator !!

Sorry i don't have coding knowledge, i can only see the code don't understand it that's why expecting more..

Thanks for your time and efforts and explanation

secretcode

Files:
fxking.gif  19 kb

Without promising anything will see what is that indicator all about (it needs a detailed cleaning first to reveil what is it actually doing)

secretcode:
...so this indicator is actually built for 'repainting' !

If (... ) ) removing some unnecessary stuffs ( color,alerts,tradeline ) is it possible to make it 'more useful' using basic math of this indicator !!

Sorry i don't have coding knowledge, i can only see the code don't understand it that's why expecting more..

Thanks for your time and efforts and explanation

secretcode

mladen:
Without promising anything will see what is that indicator all about (it needs a detailed cleaning first to reveil what is it actually doing)

Thanks Mladen for considering request

mladen:
Here you go Merry xmas

Your help in the past with this indicator has greatly facilitated my trading, would I ask the favor of adding a MA applied to the indicator and a cross warning alert as shown in the pic ?

Ultra Signal in MTF

Hi Mladen or Mr Tools or anyone who knows better than me...

I've got ultrasignal and was wondering if anyone could make an mtf version of it. I've scoured the internet and found nothing. Thank you very much in advance!

ultrasignal2.ex4

Files:

rayphua:
Hi Mladen or Mr Tools or anyone who knows better than me...

I've got ultrasignal and was wondering if anyone could make an mtf version of it. I've scoured the internet and found nothing. Thank you very much in advance!

ultrasignal2.ex4

Rayphua, we would need the original source code before we could do anything with it.

Reason: