Better Bollinger Bands... - page 4

hello

is it possible to add alert into middle line, when the price touched that ??

thanks

fxali:
hello

is it possible to add alert into middle line, when the price touched that ??

thanks

That would be a great idea! Many traders work with the 20SMA middle line bounces.

Cheers Hermes

hermes:
That would be a great idea! Many traders work with the 20SMA middle line bounces. Cheers Hermes

Added the alerts for when price crosses the center ma, for touches if you leave alerts on current = true should alert then for a touch.

Could the indicator be adapted to go under the chart?

I was looking for a BB with colours indi to be superimposed over a MACD and this looked a good candidate.

TEAMTRADER

Previous question - understood, there are several other indicators UNDER the chart that do the same job.

The only other question I have is can the indicator be adapted so that it includes a 'shift' facility so whilst in live trading it is easier to visually identify?

If this affects the signal part of the indicator then I am happy for it to remain as it is currently.

I've posted this illustration of what I call the Predictor Bolling Band - two indicators with different settings so show when in a trend. These are the MRTOOLS posted indicator Better BB (nrp).

They are far, far better than moving averages for visual aids.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

mrtools:
Added the alerts for when price crosses the center ma, for touches if you leave alerts on current = true should alert then for a touch.
Files:
gbpusdm15.png  64 kb

TEAMTRADER:
Previous question - understood, there are several other indicators UNDER the chart that do the same job.

The only other question I have is can the indicator be adapted so that it includes a 'shift' facility so whilst in live trading it is easier to visually identify?

If this affects the signal part of the indicator then I am happy for it to remain as it is currently.

I've posted this illustration of what I call the Predictor Bolling Band - two indicators with different settings so show when in a trend. These are the MRTOOLS posted indicator Better BB (nrp).

They are far, far better than moving averages for visual aids.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Missed your other question, far as I can tell they can be adapted to separate window type indicator, anyway saw this request and added the Bands Shift.

Appreciated.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

I've been doing a lot of studying of this indicator (Better BB) and I can see that it has alert boxes based on various criteria.

One of the key factors in BB is the squeeze, the relative closeness of the bands but this seems to be missing.

I've attached an illustration with the central highlighted section showing the squeeze - in this particular case the upper red band touched the lower blue band, highly unusual but a very high probablity trade follows.

Could an alert be added to specifically show how close the bands are to each other based on the central band?

If not, as a visual aid, to add to the clarity of the current alert, could the OUTER bands be made 'multi coloured' based on direction (the same as the centre band)?

The BB has predictive qualities (as does MACD and CCI etc) and it is to take advantage of this feature and make it more obvious.

If either are not possible please let me know.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Files:
gbpusdm15_1.png  59 kb

TEAMTRADER:
I've been doing a lot of studying of this indicator (Better BB) and I can see that it has alert boxes based on various criteria.

One of the key factors in BB is the squeeze, the relative closeness of the bands but this seems to be missing.

I've attached an illustration with the central highlighted section showing the squeeze - in this particular case the upper red band touched the lower blue band, highly unusual but a very high probablity trade follows.

Could an alert be added to specifically show how close the bands are to each other based on the central band?

If not, as a visual aid, to add to the clarity of the current alert, could the OUTER bands be made 'multi coloured' based on direction (the same as the centre band)?

The BB has predictive qualities (as does MACD and CCI etc) and it is to take advantage of this feature and make it more obvious.

If either are not possible please let me know.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Teamtrader the way the indicator is now we would have to remove some things to make room for more, because already using all available buffers, to make the outer and center multi colored would require around 12 buffers alone.

Thanks, so if the triple-coloured centre band was removed would this help reducing the code to allow for dual-colour outer bands?

The centre band needs only a single colour.

The outer bands are the ones that predict what I call the 'Accelerator' points in the chart. The closer the outer bands get together, the bigger or quicker the following move.

At the moment the indicator has 4 alert criteria

1. Current (I am not sure what this is for as I've not seen it fire this alert)

2. BBreak (when the price crosses outside the upper or lower bands - easy to see on chart)

3. OnSlope (presumably when the upper or lower bands change direction - this is where the colour change of the upper or lower bands would help to clarify the move)

4. Onpricecrossma (when the price crosses the centre band).

In summary, if the centre band was made into a single colour and the upper or lower bands made dual colour (up and down only) would this be a possiblity?

Regards

TEAMTRADER

Reason: