Brainwashing EAs - page 28

NomiS:
Hi ND,

Sorry if this question is dumb or has been asked before but I am still new to this.

1) Is it right that the SL for the EA (Brainwashing #2bmm) is only 10 (pips?) for all timeframes that u are forward testing? Isn't 10 quite a tight SL?

2) Is it possible to choose to use one of the PriceChannel indicators for trailing stop instead of the fixed version in the input of the EA?

Many thanks,

NomiS

Hi NomiS,

1)First of all not a dumb question at all, 10 pips IMHO is too tight of a stop loss nowadays would recommend maybe at least 30 pips stop loss at least.

2) right now it is not possible to choose to use one of the price channel indicators for trailing stop, but will see if I can add this as an option.

mrtools:
Hi NomiS,

1)First of all not a dumb question at all, 10 pips IMHO is too tight of a stop loss nowadays would recommend maybe at least 30 pips stop loss at least.

2) right now it is not possible to choose to use one of the price channel indicators for trailing stop, but will see if I can add this as an option.

Just an update on the Price channel trailing stop.Have installed it but getting 130 modification errors once get that figured out will post.

Pretty much updated the whole Ea, and the Price Channel Stop updated it using Mladens mq5 Price channel signal also did some minor updates on the iTrend. Did a optimization of the Itrend level seems it has changed just a little on M15 chart got a 0.2 level now so used it in this back test.Will post all when sure Ea is working correctly.

Files:

mrtools:
Just an update on the Price channel trailing stop.Have installed it but getting 130 modification errors once get that figured out will post. Pretty much updated the whole Ea, and the Price Channel Stop updated it using Mladens mq5 Price channel signal also did some minor updates on the iTrend. Did a optimization of the Itrend level seems it has changed just a little on M15 chart got a 0.2 level now so used it in this back test.Will post all when sure Ea is working correctly.

The above Ea was working fine from my testing the 130 modification error on the price channel stop trailing was caused by the price channel stop being too close to price so it will require some adjusting with much larger Channel Period for it to work without this error.The Ea is completely updated but still the same idea except of course the Price channel trail.For the price channel trail to work need l & s trailing to = 0 and UsePCSTrail = true;

The price channel signal is no longer needed am using the signals from the price channel stop which are the same. Also in the older version the price channel signal was an option to close which is the same as this version. Another thing by default the older Ea was using a close on trend change built in, this version you can choose to use it or not.

Like was mentioned is my last post the Price channel Stop even though its still version # 1 think it is a much better version along with the iTrend as well.

mr tools

can you please set the ea to the new mt

dasssi:
mr tools can you please set the ea to the new mt

dasssi

This is the updated brain washing EA : brainwashing_v2.01_nmc.mq4

Indicators do not need to be updated

mrtools:
This is ITrend used in a multi timeframe type trend display. By default showing m15 to daily timeframes, the strong trend is for buy in blue and sell is red for a strong trend the green or red itrend should be above or equal to the auto level, weak trend identified as either the red or green itrend above 0. the colors are user controlled to your preference. Also there is alerts for however many timeframes you want to be in same direction before entering. For the indicator to work you need ITrend in your indicators folder. To get the display in the same window as your ITrend indicator it has to have its name exact to the ITrend in your trend display parameters.

Updated iTrend trend display indicator (it still needs the iTrend indicator to work properly) : i_trend_trend_display_nmc.mq4

Files:

can anyone post a profitable preset for this EA please

post a profitable preset for this EA please

Ariel Flavia Santagada:
post a profitable preset for this EA please

Please check starting from the first post of this thread. There are, posted in the thread, results and described presets for those results depending on symbols and time frames used.

mladen:
Please check starting from the first post of this thread. There are, posted in the thread, results and described presets for those results depending on symbols and time frames used.

make my life easier I sign up to see the performance of this EAs , no comercial one , same thread are very old, I wonder if anyone still using some of the EAs from this site, if still remains profitable? one trade Dax with this EAs

Reason: