Applying indicators on indicators? - page 2

prabu:
Hi...r u looking for this..... i make this from MT4 indicators only ....no custom indicators used

I did that too.....

once you put the indicator you want (in your case BB and RSI), save it as a template. Then edit that template, and move the BB indicator to the 2nd window. Save the template and use it on your chart.

You can use this template as a sample

Eli

symbol=GBPUSD

period=60

leftpos=1471

digits=4

scale=8

graph=1

fore=1

grid=1

volume=0

scroll=1

shift=1

ohlc=1

askline=1

days=0

descriptions=1

shift_size=10

fixed_pos=0

window_left=0

window_top=428

window_right=425

window_bottom=856

window_type=3

background_color=16777215

foreground_color=0

barup_color=0

bardown_color=0

bullcandle_color=65280

bearcandle_color=255

chartline_color=0

volumes_color=0

grid_color=11579568

askline_color=17919

stops_color=17919

height=163

name=main

height=50

name=Relative Strength Index

period=14

apply=0

color=16748574

style=0

weight=2

min=0.000000

max=100.000000

levels_color=0

levels_style=2

levels_weight=1

level_0=50.0000

period_flags=0

show_data=1

name=Bollinger Bands

period=20

shift=0

deviations=2

apply=0

color=13828244

style=0

weight=2

period_flags=0

show_data=1

overlaying indicators

load the RSI as you would normally do out of either the Indicators or Custom Indicators then left click on the BB bands ( This 2nd indicator must come outof the Indicator folder only not the Custom folder) and while holding down the left mouse button drag the BB indicator into the RSI window, then release the mouse button and the BB window will appear - then you will find a list under the parameters section in the ( APPLY tobox ) click the arrow to the right of this window and a drop down will appear, select the "Previous Indicators Data" and the BB bands will load, you can load as many indicators over the top just by selecting " Previous Indicators DataorFirst Indicators Data " depending on which indicator you want each proceeding indicator to relate to.

Hope this is clear.

MA of BB std dev

Hello,

Is there a way to do a moving average on the upper and lower BB? I'm looking for a way to smooth these and possibly later put an angle indicator on them.

Any help is appreciated.

Carl

Igroad, Prabu,

you both did a great job, try Nen's rsi version, it does not have the Bol Bands, but it is nice

Files:
zup_rsi_v48.mq4  186 kb

MA of indicator

Hi Guys. I hope this thread isn't dead!

I need some help, or information.

As part of my manual trading system I use the Slope Direction Indicator.

I would really like a to add a moving average to it. But I do not know how.

I would like it to be variable so that I could experiment with various time frames.

Tks

BB on RSI

prabu:
Hi...r u looking for this..... i make this from MT4 indicators only ....no custom indicators used

well done guy, hw can i get that done. hv been looking 4 who can share that. i will be looking towards hearing from u very soon,thanks.

dimeji:
well done guy, hw can i get that done. hv been looking 4 who can share that. i will be looking towards hearing from u very soon,thanks.

prabu has not been here for 2 1/2 years

dimeji:

See post #13; cja explains very well how to do it.

Reason: