GBP 50pip need programmer

To add comments, please log in or register
donb01
donb01  
erwin1680
erwin1680  

how do you get todays highs and lows in your equation is this at 3pm eastern? thanks sounds interesting

donb01
donb01  
erwin1680:
how do you get todays highs and lows in your equation is this at 3pm eastern? thanks sounds interesting

Yes my other chart service is on EST so 3pm eastern would be how theirs is calculated.

donb01
donb01  

The yellow high lighted text above is here

The ADX indicators I have for mt4 are a different calculation for the +/- di and hence are terrible for signals

4xCoder
4xCoder  

Correct ADX

I've attached the ADX coded to your formula. Try it out and let me know of any problems

On your system, you only trade long?

Files:
adx2.mq4 5 kb
JJLL
JJLL  

Interesting thread....

I've been trading the GBP/USD for over a year and have a system which will profit 150 to 250 pips a month. I'm looking for someone who can write a script for autotrading.

Don, you method sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear your results.

topgun
topgun  

hmmmmmm

Why do you have 2 Emas if in your system you dont use them?

Same question for DMI since you only use the ADX ??

donb01
donb01  
VideoJ:
I've attached the ADX coded to your formula. Try it out and let me know of any problems On your system, you only trade long?

thanks for the indicator I will try it out.

Also thanks to others for the interest in the thread.

I trade long and short as long as ADX has crossed from below. I am looking at different ways to filter the trades to possibly cut down more on the losers

"Why do you have 2 Emas if in your system you dont use them?

Same question for DMI since you only use the ADX "

The EMAs are there out of habit but they and the DMI can be a warning of a change in direction

donb01
donb01  

trade for 12.22.05

here is a comparison of the two charts, there is something different with the ADX in mt4.

My fxnews charts gave a nice signal for +50 pip short at 2:15 EST and mt4 chart gave no signal.

any ideas ?

in regards to the fxnews chart if you look there was another signal to go short again at 8:25, 1.7330 area however yesterday high was 1.7590 and strong support was at 1.7340 / 1.7390 which was 200 / 250 pips from the high of yesterday so I did not take that trade and as you can see GBP reversed there. there is a possible long trade starting to develop now however we are getting close to 12:00 EST and I have gotten my 50 for the day so not sure if I will take it.

Files:
fxnews_12.22.bmp 2566 kb
mt4_12.22.bmp 1751 kb
donb01
donb01  

I may take this long because now there is a 5 / 13 cross on the 30 min chart, if the ADX crosses the 20 on the 5min. as late as it is this trade may only be worth 20 or 30 pips but if it allows me to play I will definatly close around noon est.

donb01
donb01  

VideoJ

VideoJ:
I've attached the ADX coded to your formula. Try it out and let me know of any problems On your system, you only trade long?

can you set this up so we can change the DI periods?

thanks

To add comments, please log in or register