Connect failed [6]

I am getting the above error when trying to log in. Initially I thought the server is down, but I have been getting this for 3 days now. and I verified with a friend that he is able to connect. I have been rebooting my computer to no avail.

Does anyone know any thing about this? I simply can't log in to even create a new account. Bottom right of the screen shows "No Connection". I've not had this problem previously.

I have another machine which I installed MT4, and opened another account on that machine. It too was unable to log in. it's very strange.

Please help me if you can,

Thanks

TheExponential:
I am getting the above error when trying to log in. Initially I thought the server is down, but I have been getting this for 3 days now. and I verified with a friend that he is able to connect. I have been rebooting my computer to no avail.

Does anyone know any thing about this? I simply can't log in to even create a new account. Bottom right of the screen shows "No Connection". I've not had this problem previously.

I have another machine which I installed MT4, and opened another account on that machine. It too was unable to log in. it's very strange.

Thanks

Are talking about the connection to this forum or you try to connect Metatrader to some broker's server?

Have you tried to create a new demo account?

Perhaps previous one was closed or expired.

TheExponential:

Thanks

TheExponential:

Thanks

Do you have the same custom indicators on a chart on both machines?

I had the same problem and I called to the broker. They said me to de-install MetaTrader and install it once again and it helped.

forexts:
Have you tried to create a new demo account? Perhaps previous one was closed or expired.

I think this is the solution - Creating a new demo account - It worked for me before.

Firstly, I can't even get a connection to create a new account.

On the other computer (which is a PC), I have not fully copied my customization from my original laptop yet. So on the second computer, I've copied the profile and templates; but no custom indicators/EAs yet.

And both the original laptop and PC had worked before for a brief period before last Friday's end of market. I have not seen it working since using two separate accounts.

Anyway, I'll reinstall it and see how it goes. let me know if you have anything else to share.

thanks

TheExponential:
Firstly, I can't even get a connection to create a new account.

On the other computer (which is a PC), I have not fully copied my customization from my original laptop yet. So on the second computer, I've copied the profile and templates; but no custom indicators/EAs yet.

And both the original laptop and PC had worked before for a brief period before last Friday's end of market. I have not seen it working since using two separate accounts.

Anyway, I'll reinstall it and see how it goes. let me know if you have anything else to share.

thanks

Templates have the custom indicators on them and chances are you have it open on the puter So do the following:

Go to c/program files/metatrader4/ on both puters.

Delete template on puter

Delete mq4 and ex4 custom indicator files that you have on charts on the laptop

Close and reboot each one after.

See if your ok after that.

I've removed all custom EAs/Indicators/templates/profiles/scripts, and uninstalled on both computer and laptop.

Re-installed it, and still can't connect. I don't even have a connection to even create a brand new account.

I'm completely out of action!

Bill3002, why did you suspect all of these custom indicators affecting it? Apart from the first time, I don't normally have the two computers on at the same time. Besides, they log in using different accounts.

thanks & help help help....

connection failed

I am currently having the same problem. I was lnstalling some indicators and lost conection and it also went to russian language and I dont speak russian.

I got english back but still no connection. Can anyone help.

Hi guys, please help me if you can. I am still having the same problem. Basically now I have unistalled and reinstalled but I can't even create a new account. I don't have any connection. "No Connection" is shown at the bottom right.

No matter what I do, I can't get a connection on this computer.

thanks

Reason: