How to code? - page 60

thanks Kalenzo,

I have tried with OP_BUYLIMIT but it doesn't work.

I will try with OP_BUYSTOP.

quick coding question

How do you put a horizontal line on the screen at the average value (of all closing prices)? Is there a specific code for that?

simple breakout EA

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| SimpleBreakoutEA.mq4 |

//| |

//| |

#property copyright "jjk2"

#property link ""

//---- input parameters

extern int ____TIME_RANGE____;

extern int TimeRange = 1; // # of Hours to look back from TimeEnd. ex) if breakout is @ 22:00 GMT to 23:00 GMT. Total TimeRange to lookback is 8 hrs.

extern int TimeBegin = 22;

extern int TimeEnd = 23;

extern int CancelTime = 20; // ALL REMAINING ORDERS WILL BE CANCELED AT THIS INDICATED TIME.

extern int ______FILTERS______;

extern int TriggerFilter = 0;

extern bool AllowBreakEven = True;

extern int ______ORDERS______;

extern double Lots = 0.1;

extern int StopLoss = 50;

extern int TakeProfit = 100;

extern int Slippage = 2;

extern int MagicNumber = 23423;

int init()

{

return(0);

}

int deinit()

{

return(0);

}

int start()

{

// OPEN ORDERS @ HIGH/LOW from TIMEBEGIN to TimeEND

if (Hour() >= TimeBegin-1 && Hour() >= TimeEnd)

{

int HH = iHighest(NULL, 0, MODE_HIGH,TimeRange,0);

int LL = iLowest(NULL, 0, MODE_LOW,TimeRange,0);

}

double SL_High = Ask - (StopLoss * Point);

double SL_Low = Bid + (StopLoss*Point);

double TP_High = Ask + (TakeProfit*Point);

double TP_Low = Bid - (TakeProfit*Point);

if ( Ask > HH + TriggerFilter) OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, Lots, Ask, Slippage, SL_High, TP_High, "Breakout Buy", MagicNumber, NULL, Blue);

if ( Bid < LL + TriggerFilter) OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, Lots, Bid, Slippage, SL_Low, TP_Low, "Breakout Sell", MagicNumber, NULL, Red);

// MOVE SL @ BreakEven if allowed. MarketPrice distance Open Price > stop*point, then stop must equal to MarketPrice - Stop*point as new stoploss.

int total = 0;

if ( AllowBreakEven == True )

{

for(total = OrdersTotal() - 1; total >= 0; total--)

{

OrderSelect(total, SELECT_BY_POS);

if ( Bid - OrderOpenPrice() > SL_High*Point )

OrderModify(OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(), Bid - SL_High*Point, OrderTakeProfit(),0, CLR_NONE);

if ( OrderOpenPrice() - Ask > SL_Low*Point )

OrderModify(OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(), Ask + SL_Low*Point , OrderTakeProfit(),0, CLR_NONE);

}

}

return(0);

}

for some reason its not working....anyone know why ?

How to turn indicator to EA?

Hi, may I know how to turn an indicator to EA?

Many indicators have the arrow sign when it comes to certain conditions and I would like to test them with EA.

I would like the EA to take the trade according to the arrow formed.

Can somebody help me? Thanks.

This one is according to arrow sign

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173249/page51

What about to turn the attached indicator to EA?

Can someone help? Thanks.

Files:
envelopes.mq4  3 kb

Code Structure

Hi,

I am new to Metatrader but very experienced in programming. I have created some sample Expert Advisors and some slightly complicated Indicators in MT. What is not clear is how to structure a rather complicated EA. I want the EA to call some "signal" functions to check for different setup condition.

How should I code these functions?

1. As "inline" functions in the EA

2. As "separate" Indicators that return a value instead of write on the screen?

3. some other "separate" function to call like calling iMA

If I choose alternative 1 can the inline function in the EA run thru the last 200 bars using Close and call iMA?

Is alternative 2 OK?. When coding an indicator all bars "available" are processed which of course is not needed for the EA.

Alternative 3 to me seems like the logical choice but I am not sure how to structure it so it will work in backtesting and what I need to pass to it and what the function has access to by default, like for instance Close

As an example of what I need to establish in the "signal" function is what is the current trend and when did it start. I have coded it in an indicator so I know how to do the actual code.

Grateful for any advice.

Ingvar

ingvar_e:
Hi,

I am new to Metatrader but very experienced in programming. I have created some sample Expert Advisors and some slightly complicated Indicators in MT. What is not clear is how to structure a rather complicated EA. I want the EA to call some "signal" functions to check for different setup condition.

How should I code these functions?

1. As "inline" functions in the EA

2. As "separate" Indicators that return a value instead of write on the screen?

3. some other "separate" function to call like calling iMA

If I choose alternative 1 can the inline function in the EA run thru the last 200 bars using Close and call iMA?

Is alternative 2 OK?. When coding an indicator all bars "available" are processed which of course is not needed for the EA.

Alternative 3 to me seems like the logical choice but I am not sure how to structure it so it will work in backtesting and what I need to pass to it and what the function has access to by default, like for instance Close

As an example of what I need to establish in the "signal" function is what is the current trend and when did it start. I have coded it in an indicator so I know how to do the actual code.

Grateful for any advice.

Ingvar

You probably already know how to do this, so sorry if you do.

Moving average of current bar:

iMA(NULL,0,13,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

Moving average of 200 bars ago.

iMA(NULL,0,13,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,200);

You can call the moving average from whatever bar you want form current to any bar in the past.

Reason: