CatFx50 - page 218

RE:Nina's 50 ma system backtesting results Pt. 1

I only tested the 50ema crossover. If you can describe exactly what the StepMAStoch is I can program it. BTW, I have tested hundreds of systems on 30 minute forex pairs, very few of them work. Why? The spread. When a system generates many trades the cumulative spread loss (your cost!) offsets most profits. Longer time frames are CRITICAL for long-term profits.

WNW:
I only tested the 50ema crossover. If you can describe exactly what the StepMAStoch is I can program it. BTW, I have tested hundreds of systems on 30 minute forex pairs, very few of them work. Why? The spread. When a system generates many trades the cumulative spread loss (your cost!) offsets most profits. Longer time frames are CRITICAL for long-term profits.

Hi!

Thought that.

CatFX50 is not based only on EMA50 cross. You need StepMA_Stoch to validate that cross. The majority of brokers give you a 2 pips spread on eurusd and 3 on the other majors.

This system does not generate many trades. And of course, you should always trade the system and do not let the system "trade you".

Nina

Yes, I know what the spreads are but one must also account for slippage, and be generous with that. Once again, provide me the exact details of this other indicator(s) and I would be glad to test it. I am not conversant in MQL. If anyone else here can provide a description of the indicator, please do. I need a description of what it is and what it does, not the code, I can't interpret MQL. Nina, if you have something that works I'm as interested as anyone else.

nina:
Hi!

As always, I'm at my daily work .

I do not have MT4, so I can not see if we have validated signals or not.

It'd be a good idea to post them if you have them. Then different traders can talk about them if they do not coincide.

BTW, if someone had told me that this thread, when started 7 months ago, could have more than 200k views, I'd thought he was drunk.

Nina

Nina,

Great job to you and others that have contributed to this thread. I am yet to make money trading this system, but it looks more promising than most others I have seen so far. Keep-up the good work.

kohzadi:
Hi These are really valuable experiences. Please write more such sentences.

Hi Kohzadi and all the others

I think you might appreciate this that over the months i found on the internet and in some strange way help me

Discipline: "When underestimated, lack of discipline can ruin your whole day or even wipe out your account if you forget it just once. The market pays you to be disciplined on every single trade. If you are not disciplined 100% of the time, don't claim to be so."

Size: "Never try to fight back a loss by adding more size on the next trade! I recommend that you lower your trade size when you are trading poorly. If the next 2-3 trades are profitable and you feel comfortable again, then move your trade size back up to the original lot size."

Cut Losses: "You are not a loser if you have a losing trade. But you are a loser if you do not have a stop or do not get out of a trade once the signal is no longer valid. Always remember: The first loss is the best loss. Losses are a part of trading that you have to get comfortable with. Thus you can clear your mind and move on to the next trade!"

Risk-Reward: "Your target should always be bigger than your stop. This way you will be profitable even if your hit rate (probability) slips below 50% for the day. Make sure you define your maximum loss (stop) before you enter the trade!"

Call for action: "Be selective with your trades. Only trade the setups with which you are comfortable with and focus on these. Learning when to stay away is the toughest lesson for a motivated trader. Don't forget: Being "flat" is also a position!"

Consistency:"Why change a winning team? Always stick to your game plan while trading, even if other traders make the grass look greener on the other side. If you have to reconsider your set of rules or change your trading plan then do so after hours!"

P.S- "Everybody is predicting/expecting the direction of the market. Some use magic fib lines,crystal balls and some use adx and others indicators.Thats not important, whats important is to win big when you are right and lose small when you are wrong."

todays RECAP

Today was another difficult usual monday (rangeplay-day)

Todays catfx50-signals (Provider NorthFinance) as I saw them:

GBPUSD 08:30cet level 2 buy @1,7560 -- made a high @1,7584 -- +24 pips

GBPUSD 13:00cet level 1 sell @1,7528 -- entry at low -- at least reached initial stop -- -34 pips (entry level after a 43 pips fall in advance)

EURUSD 08:30cet level 2 buy @1,2177 -- made a high @1,2196 -- +19 pips

USDCHF 08:30cet level 1 sell @1,2906 -- made a low @1,2888 -- +18 pips

--> formal result = +27 pips (ex spread)

Real trading this monday range play scene with catfx would result in all proability +/- 0 pips or less.

b.r. mibl

i have been trading this setup for last 3 months and have made money do i take every signal no just the ones that fit ninas and my own critiria and look to get 34 pips with a 34 pip stop on gbp/usd or euro/usd i know its 1 to 1 risk /reward but if you have a good win loss record it works in fact do a little math being right only 60% of time makes you nice money only way to really backtest is to do it manually since no one else has stepma stoc also mibl why would you post the cable entry at 1300 when it closed 26 pips past 50 ema thats a no trade in my book

mibl:

GBPUSD 13:00cet level 1 sell @1,7528 -- entry at low -- at least reached initial stop -- -34 pips (entry level after a 43 pips fall in advance)

Real trading this monday range play scene with catfx would result in all proability +/- 0 pips or less.

b.r. mibl

Hi,

Agree with range play day

Got onto the EUR/USD at 1.2179 exited 1 contract at + 15pip profit target (including spread)

Exited second contract on the re- cross of the CCI50 line plus downside triangle breakout at 1.2169 ( because I noted the clear triangle formation) - 10pips ( incl spread)

+5 on Eur/USD - protected equity but still allowed myself to be in on the trade so happy today.

mibl:

b.r. mibl

I saw same signals but there is no signal: GBPUSD 13:00cet level 1 sell @1,7528 on my NorthFinance chart.

Signal is not valiated by hist_step_ma_stoch.

Could you attach your chart screen.

thnx

passass

Files:

@passass

Attached you find the screenshot with todays picture in GBPUSD at Neuimex.

To me also it was a clear sell-signal level 1 at 13.00CET.

bye

Micha

Files:
gbpusd_2.jpg  48 kb
Reason: