Ask! - page 159

Line thick Control - Help pls

the indicator is for drawing trend line

all I want is to be able to change the thinkness of the trend line

Help pls

Alan

dxx:
Is it possible to create bar indicators in separate windows like the indicator in the pic i have posted [dont know what they are officially called] for say a red bar if the MACD crosses negative and stays red if in negative zones and green if crosses positive etc etc. Also is it possible to create the same bar indicator windows for say if the price goes below a moving average.

if this seems a daft question please bear with me. When i look at indicators on a chart i tend to try and anticipate what the price will do so im looking to try and have separate window indicators which when all show the same colour i will trade. [Psychology reasons]. Is the creation of these separate bar type indicators something i could learn to create , im far from a programmer in any language.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

dh

I am not sure if this will answer your question but, try it

Just put the indicators on top of each other on the chart , I mean add it more than once and change the setting and you will have what you want I hope

bollinger alert

it is possible to setup an alert on the attached indicator, whenever there is a signal below 0 or above 0.7 ?

and the indicator range is - 0.4 to 1.25

Everything Is done

incorrect start position for Array

In testing one of my EAs I received some error messages such as

incorrect start position 1046 for Array Maximum function

or

incorrect start position 1046 for Array Minimum function

end the EA stopped running.

That EA does not define arrays. What does this kind of error message mean and how can I prevent the error?

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Hi,

I was wondering how to load a new custom indicator into MT 5

it used to be through Programs/Experts/Indicators but that's all changed now?

thanks

C

Can any one make the alert on color change of this indicator .Advance thanks

Files:

Can You Help Me Get This Indicator To Work Properly?

I created a custom indicator that is not updating correctly as I would like/expect it to. When the indicator is loaded on to the chart, it has the correct value. But after that the indicator line stays flat at constant value of 50 with every tick the chart moves (50 is the default value that my indicator returns whenever the denominator of the fraction used in the calculation has a value of 0)

The only way to get the indicator to display the correct value again is to either change the chart timeframe or delete and then re-attach the indicator to the chart. After the new chart is loaded, the indicator line goes flat again.

My indicator is trying to calculate the following formula:

[ [MovingAverage(Open - Close) / MovingAverage(Range)] * 50] + 50

I use a period of 8 in the two averages above.

Would somebody please be kind enough to look at my indicator code and point out to me what I am doing wrong?

I have attached my code to this message.

Thanking you in advance.

Files:

PRASANT:
Can any one make the alert on color change of this indicator .Advance thanks

Here is one that I added arrows and sounds to

Files:

how to open these indicators in the mt4

Can some one tell me how to open these indicators after downloading in the mt4

codersguru:
Hi folks,

I've got a lot of private messages asking me for helping with some pieces of code.

Here you can post your questions related to MQL4, and I'll do my best to answer them.
Reason: