Download MetaTrader 5

How to code an EA with iCustom Indicator?

To add comments, please log in or register
ghyamer
ghyamer  

Hey!

A few days ago I bought an Indicator at the market and I thought of creating an Expert advisor using it (buy/sell according to the arrows).

I've talked to the Indicator seller and he only accepted giving me the iCustom. I was thinking of using this web page http://www.eabuilder.com to code it, but I need the .mq5 file (I only have the .ex5).

My question is: if I have the iCustom of the Indicator how can I code an Expert Advisor?

Or should I hire a freelancer to do the job? 

Thanks. 

Expert Advisor Builder - Create indicators and strategies for MetaTrader 4 & 5 and TradeStation
  • www.eabuilder.com
We maintain this page to demonstrate our firm commitment to the rights and privacy of our users. This page explains how our site collects information from our members. Free newsletter and mailing list: we respect the privacy of our users, and as such we will never share our database of email addresses and names with any third party. Upon...
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Wait a bit, you will have an answer from WHRoeder soon.
whroeder1
whroeder1  
Just leave it to me to answer :)
    • We hate EA builder
    • You couldn't be bothered to learn mql4, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
    • There are only two choices: learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds lines of code.
    • EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
    • EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (max bars on chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks) Always use time. New candle - MQL4 forum
    • EA builder makes bad code Not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers, TP/SL and slippage:
      double   pip        = StringFind(_Symbol,"JPY") < 0 ? 0.01 : 0.0001;
      int      slippage   = 3 * int(pip / _Point);
    • EA builder makes bad code not adjusting for ECN brokers.
    • EA builder makes bad code not checking return codes.
    • EATree uses objects on chart to save values - not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/reboot.)

1. Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 forum
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
whroeder1:
Just leave it to me to answer :)
To add comments, please log in or register