Download MetaTrader 5

"New order" button disabled, NOT investor mode

To add comments, please log in or register
Rahoos
Rahoos  

Anybody have any suggestions what else to look for?

screenshot

Much thanks in advance,

Rahoos 

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Rahoos:

Anybody have any suggestions what else to look for?

Much thanks in advance,

Rahoos 

Why are you posting in MT4/mql4 section ?

Because trading EURUSD is disabled for this broker.

Rahoos
Rahoos  
Alain Verleyen:

Why are you posting in MT4/mql4 section ?

Because trading EURUSD is disabled for this broker.

Because I installed MT4. I don't know why it says MT5 all over it.
"this broker" being AMP Global Clearing LLC? I thought that was just the default server for a demo account. I didn't open an account with them.
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Rahoos:
Because I installed MT4. I don't know why it says MT5 all over it.
"this broker" being AMP Global Clearing LLC? I thought that was just the default server for a demo account. I didn't open an account with them.

Ah...the "bug".

You should download MT4 from a broker site, it seems Metaquotes doesn't provide MT4 directly any more.

Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  

Only the first button will download MT5 if you scroll down then MT4 is still there to download.

https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt4/mt4setup.exe?utm_campaign=www.metatrader4.com

Rahoos
Rahoos  

Alain and Marco, thanks for your replies. Sorry if I came across as short-tempered last night. I'll try the MT4 from FXCM, since that's who I want to use for the real account later. Do you know if I can run both MT4 and MT5 on the same computer?

Thanks again,

Rahoos

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Rahoos:

Alain and Marco, thanks for your replies. Sorry if I came across as short-tempered last night. I'll try the MT4 from FXCM, since that's who I want to use for the real account later. Do you know if I can run both MT4 and MT5 on the same computer?

Thanks again,

Rahoos

Of course you can.
honest_knave
honest_knave  
Marco vd Heijden:

Only the first button will download MT5 if you scroll down then MT4 is still there to download.

https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt4/mt4setup.exe?utm_campaign=www.metatrader4.com

That is what I thought too. I clicked the link to make sure, and mt4setup.exe was downloaded.

Then I ran the installer, and guess what was installed? MT5!

johnmwade
johnmwade  

Any idea why the + symbol and New Order buttons are all greyed out on my MT4 android app?

Eleni Anna Branou
Eleni Anna Branou  
johnmwade:

Any idea why the + symbol and New Order buttons are all greyed out on my MT4 android app?

The pair (symbol) that you are trying to trade is probably not enabled by your broker or your account balance is not enough to open a new trade.

Check with your broker.

To add comments, please log in or register