Based on a matematical model, is it really possible to discover a 100% win system? - page 3

You dont need a 100% winning rate system (R:R 1 to 1 I guess) a system with 52% winning percent and 200 trades a year will make you rich anyways.

You need to know your system's drawdown according to that you have to capitalise right amount of money. Even 45% winner system can make you rich with a good money management and sustainable growth model..

tele2112:

I have this question for a long time, what do you guys think? There really is out there a magical strategy that makes certain trade profit, with 

a 100% accuracy? if not what % range  you think is physically possible?

it's could be....you can trying to search in this web about signal provider especially on MT4. I have got some signal provider that have 100% win. I think they are have a certain strategy like get small pip to get profit.

100% might be difficult to keep in a long run (combined with a low dd) as there are other factors that can affect this performance (slippage, bugs ;) )... I am currently happy to hold a 99% win (even the most reliable hosting services have 99.9x up-time ... ).

You do not have to have a 100% winning system to be a successful trader. 

At what expense do you "win" when trading?

I could "win" 90% of the time and still "lose".

For example, i take 10 trades and win 9 at an average of 10 pips ie i make 90 pips.

My one and only losing trade is 100 pips ie even though i have a 90% win rate, i lose 10 pips.

I prefer to trade using basic risk management principles(R).

For example, lets' use a $10,000 account.

a/ decide how much is your "risk" per trade in percentage terms(1%,1.25%,2% etc), that is your R

b/ decide what your "reward" per trade is, 2R,3R etc.

Lot sizes will depend on what your R is.

On a 10k account, if risking 1%, you are risking $100 per trade.

If your "reward" is 3R,  you are making $300 per trade.

You can lose 70% of the time and still be profitable(7 x $100=$700 losses, 3 x $300=$900 win, profit $200).

thank you all for your responses, as you can see no agreement between the answers, so lets close this topic, i`ll try talking to a theoretical mathematician, he must have the answer. 

tele2112 i`ll try talking to a theoretical mathematician,
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

tele2112:
thank you all for your responses, as you can see no agreement between the answers, so lets close this topic, i`ll try talking to a theoretical mathematician, he must have the answer. 

Haven't read all the thread and maybe someone said the same, but it's not a math question but a logical question.

Suppose there is a magic strategy of 100% - and now suppose every one follows it.

Is it still 100%? of course not because forex is zero sum game (except broker earnings, which can be relinquished for simplicity).
so you can't make 1 USD if someone else does not lose 1 USD.

So - no magic strategy.

tele2112:

I have this question for a long time, what do you guys think? There really is out there a magical strategy that makes certain trade profit, with 

a 100% accuracy? if not what % range  you think is physically possible?

I was able to discover a 100% win system. But, it only have up to 51% win for longs and about 52% win for shorts.

Yes, only in MetaTrader Tester.... :)
Reason: