How to increase the number of charts on MT4

Hi all!

I was opening new charts and got to a point where it does not open a new chart. How do i increase this limit? thank you!

I actually reached this limit because for every pair/instrument, i open 2 of the same chart as i want to have 20 & 50 MA and another with 20 & 50 EMA, instead of cluttering all into one chart.

Install an additional copy of MT4 into a different folder, log into the same account and open additional charts.

drazen64:
Install an additional copy of MT4 into a different folder, log into the same account and open additional charts.

hi drazen!

by doing this i will be using similar mt4 platform but with more capacity of opening more charts? or do you mean i will have to open 2 mt4 platform on my computer?

Install 2 or more MT4 platforms on your PC and run them at the same time. 

Just make sure that you select different install folder when you install a new copy. 

You can also simply copy MT4 folder, but make sure that you are familiar with "DATA STRUCTURE IN METATRADER 4 BUILD 600 AND HIGHER"

drazen64:

Install 2 or more MT4 platforms on your PC and run them at the same time. 

Just make sure that you select different install folder when you install a new copy. 

You can also simply copy MT4 folder, but make sure that you are familiar with "DATA STRUCTURE IN METATRADER 4 BUILD 600 AND HIGHER"

hi again!

what i meant is that, do i need to open 2 MT4 platforms or by installing another MT4 on a different folder will increase the capacity of opening more charts in my current MT4 platform?

supercallim: I was opening new charts and got to a point where it does not open a new chart. How do i increase this limit?
Alternatively use two or more profiles

supercallim:
hi again!

what i meant is that, do i need to open 2 MT4 platforms or by installing another MT4 on a different folder will increase the capacity of opening more charts in my current MT4 platform?

You can't start two instances from the same folder. MT4 checks from which folder it is started.

You must have MT4 installed in two or more folders.

This will not increase single instance capacity, you will have to run multiple instances, each will have the same maximum number of open charts.

Awesome! thanks guys! i will try both!

anyway draken, what should i expect if i install another mt4 software. do i need to run 2 mt4 platforms on my computer?

supercallim:

Awesome! thanks guys! i will try both!

anyway draken, what should i expect if i install another mt4 software. do i need to run 2 mt4 platforms on my computer?

Yes, you need to run 2 MT4 platforms. 

okay thank you! you guys have been of great help! :)
Reason: