Are you ready to give up MT4 ?

Hello all,

If you are not aware about it, you have to know that Metaquotes is pushing hard for traders and brokers to adopt MT5. They are currently developing MT5/mql5 to fill in all the missing features that prevent the switch to MT5 from MT4.

In addition, as we promised last year, we will open the ability to write plug-ins for the Data Feed platform. This will have its own custom tools and their history.  

Broker will get facilities to migrate MT4 account to MT5 :

Terminal: In addition to hedging support, the new platform version provides wider opportunities for migrating accounts from MetaTrader 4. Now, brokers can automatically transfer accounts to MetaTrader 5, including all operations: open and pending orders, and complete trading history.

So, what's your opinion, will Metaquotes succeed or traders will stay hooked to MT4 ? What will you do personally ?

"Disclaimer"

The topic is hot, so please keep calm and polite. I am not employee of Metaquotes and don't have any interested on MT4 or MT5, so don't blame the messenger.

Does anybody know whether the NetBean IDE can be 'adapted' to mql5?

Will we also be able to import external tick data into MT5, as we now do with MT4?

I current import data from Dukascopy and produce real tick data ".fxt" files for the strategy tester, but from what I know, MT5 uses encrypted tester files which cannot be created by external tools.

Broker's data is usually quite limited, having only M1 data and for a short time-span. How will that be addressed in MT5?

In the link (real tick usage on the MT5 Strategy Tester), MetaQuotes is rather vague about from where the real tick data is obtained, saying only that if the Broker does not provide it, it will just be emulated.

FMIC:

Will we also be able to import external tick data into MT5, as we now do with MT4?

I current import data from Dukascopy and produce real tick data ".fxt" files for the strategy tester, but from what I know, MT5 uses encrypted tester files which cannot be created by external tools.

Broker's data is usually quite limited, having only M1 data and for a short time-span. How will that be addressed in MT5?

In the link (real tick usage on the MT5 Strategy Tester), MetaQuotes is rather vague about from where the real tick data is obtained, saying only that if the Broker does not provide it, it will just be emulated.

There is not yet precise informations available publicly about the data import (AFAIK).

Currently, in the new MT5, the real ticks are from the broker.

gooly:
Does anybody know whether the NetBean IDE can be 'adapted' to mql5?

Yes, you could make an adapter for Netbeans or Eclipse. But it is rather a big task, so not sure if the effort is worth it. MQL is not as popular as e.g. php.

Ovo:

Yes, you could make an adapter for Netbeans or Eclipse. But it is rather a big task, so not sure if the effort is worth it. MQL is not as popular as e.g. php.

ok - what i have seen from the screen shots - it would make coding somewhat (a lot?) easier than the mt5 editor - I guess.

gooly:
ok - what i have seen from the screen shots - it would make coding somewhat (a lot?) easier than the mt5 editor - I guess.
Not only that, it would attract a large number of professional developers which use those IDEs for their everyday work. But, creating the new adaptor for an additional environment would require a professional JAVA/C++ team deployed for quite a time.

sigh - creating a new language (mql4) for notepad++ was so easy!

angevoyageur:

So, what's your opinion, will Metaquotes succeed or traders will stay hooked to MT4 ? What will you do personally ?

Same mistake I do not do twice. If it happens same as what happened with mql3, = I was fine with what I am. Votes in the poll tell (who wants to vote, I didn't). There is no opinion, it is what it is. But nothing is lost, there are new traders who might be attracted with mql5.
Reason: