Build 646: Bool variables are not giving the correct settings

Check your extern bool variables, they are not giving the correct settings, they are hit and miss.

MrLong:
Check your extern bool variables, they are not giving the correct settings, they are hit and miss.

Who are you talking to and about what??

GumRai:

Who are you talking to and about what??

I'm letting the forum know, bool variables are not giving the correct readings, they are hit and miss, should be false but giving a true reading or is that not what the forum is for?

Maybe your coding is wrong which is why that happens.

Show us your code if you are so confident that MT4 is at fault and your codes are right.

How is it possible to enter true and get false ??

extern bool doNotBuySell=true;

Alert( doNotBuySell); retuns false.

Try it yourself.

MrLong:

How is it possible to enter true and get false ??

extern bool doNotBuySell=true;

Alert( doNotBuySell); retuns false.

Try it yourself.

And what is the setting's value in the properties window ?

I bet it is false.

angevoyageur:
And what is the setting's value in the properties window ?

Okay, setting's value in the properties window is set to false, but I've always coded into the EA and re-compiled to change the settings,

this is no longer the case, and only new to 646.

To change the settings you would now need to go into the properties box.

Actually when you re-compile, MT4 will retain the settings value. It is a feature and it is not a bug.

Now, what do you want to say about the title ?

deysmacro:

Actually when you re-compile, MT4 will retain the settings value. It is a feature and it is not a bug.

Now, what do you want to say about the title ?

Well this feature has just arrived just like all the other bugs that have appeared in MT4, I have always re-complied and set the properties to default settings, this is the first time it has not done so and has only
happened since 646, if MQ change something they should let people know.

Now, what do you want to say about the title ? <== I say re-compile but the settings will not change.

And by the tone of your post, you have a communications problem.

please don't shoot
Reason: